Type or Paste your work here...
The Old Saying Goes…..
By Angela Posey-Arnold
I get so many catalogs in the mail at Christmas time. I love looking through the wonderful decorations and gift giving ideas. I find myself dog-earing pages to go back and order this for Momma and that for Beth, but I never do it. I think it is the shipping that changes my mind. J
Beth and I have been friends since kindergarten. I guess if we counted all the gifts we have given each other over the last 43 years, the results would be astonishing. Since she had children, I have gone broke. J
For the last few years we have bought each other a candle. She gives me a lavender scented candle and I give her a hazlenut scented candle. It has gotten to the point of being really silly. So this year on her birthday we decided we would do this differently from now on. It is the thought that counts, right?
Looking through a stack of catalogs I found the perfect gift for Beth’s birthday. A pair of pink I Love Lucy pajamas. She would love them. They were $45.00—no way. I love Beth but….$45 is not in the budget. I cut out the picture of the pjs and sent it to her. As I do every year on her birthday I called her first thing that morning and sang my rendition of Happy Birthday. She said, “Ang, I got the pajamas. I wore them last night. They are so cute. Thank you so much”.
Now I know everyone cannot get away with this with just anybody. But, Beth and I can, because without explaining, we understand. For Christmas she is getting a brand new 2010 Camaro. And she is getting me a Lincoln MKS, 2010, of course.
Well, if this don’t work for your friends then maybe you intend on crafting some items this year. I know I do. I have seen some of the most enduring sayings written on signs for the home. They could be used in cross stitch or painting, scrapbooking, where ever your crafts take you.
I want to share some with you……..
· Give Thanks With A Grateful Heart
· Gooble Til You Wobble
· Take Time to be Thankful
· There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. Always.
Blessings and God’s Love:
· Just because you can’t see the air
· Doesn’t mean you stop breathing…..
· And just because you can’t see God
· Doesn’t mean you stop believeing.
Then I saw this one on a pillow and on a wooden wall sign---
· “Love You More”
· “IT IS WHAT IT IS”
Some of these you may have seen before---
· Having someone to love is family
· Having somewhere to go is home
· Having both is a blessing.
· It is Never Too Late To Live Happily Ever After….
· Enjoy the little things in life…for one day you will love back and realize they were the big things!
OH AND I LOVE THIS ONE!!!......
· Live in such a way, that those who know you but don’t know God, will come to know God because they know you.
· God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain. But He did promise, strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
· Do not stand at my grave and weep
· I am not there, I do not sleep
· I am a thousand winds that blow
· I am the diamond glints of snow
· I am the sunlight on ripend grain
· I am the gentle autumn rain
· Do not stand at my grave and cry
· I am not there, I did not die
· If you don’t understand this and think it a lie
· Get to know Jesus, He will tell you why.
· Family—forever, for always, no matter what.
And then this funny one---
· I love you more today than I did yesterday…..cause yesterday you really ticked me off.:)
· Life isn’t about waiting for the storms to pass, It’s about learning to dance in the rain.
· Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
A funny one for an office door------I would like to make this for my brother-----
· Nobody Gets In To See The Wizard-Not Nobody-Not NoHow! (remember in the Wizard of Oz?)
True Americana—better hang on to some of these—we may be loosing them faster than we think---
O Father—Help our nation to turn to You. In Jesus Name. Amen
· “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go” Abraham Lincoln
· “Be joyful always, pray continually.” I Thess 5:16-17
· Live in such a way that if anyone should speak against you, no one would believe it.
· “Whatever you are, be a good one.” Abraham Lincoln
· He Who Kneels Before God Can Stand Before Anyone
· God grants liberty only to those that love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.
· The Grace of God Abounds In His Love
· Remember dear child, when you’re in the midst of a storm. Hold fast. The storm will fade. The sun will shine. All in God’s time. Kairos.
· I may not be rich and famous, but I do have priceless treasures.
· We are so blessed.
· Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections.
· May God give you for every storm a rainbow
· For every tear, a smile
· For every care, a promise
· And a blessing in each trial.
· “God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?” Thomas Jefferson
· Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord. Psalms
· Maybe I can’t stop the downpour, but I will always join you for a walk in the rain.
· Families are God’s design on earth
· Each person uniquely created, pieced and stitched together with different qualities and gifts
· Most of all held together by GRACE.
The last ones are favorites:
· *Always Kiss Me Goodnight*
· *Good friends are like quilts, they age with you, yet never loose their warmth.
And my very very favorite for the year 2008…………………………………
· JESUS KNOWS ME, THIS I LOVE
Hope you can use some of these in your Christmas Gift giving ideas this year.