Shirley Ann Parker
Blogs by Shirley Ann Parker
Time to Move Forward
12/10/2010 8:37:43 PM
Ten Things to be Grateful for...Part 2
I make no pretense of being all things to all people. God Bless Us all in this joyous Christmas season! And so to my final five things to be grateful for:
6. Comprehending that a dear friend in San Diego area, who only gets TV news from The Weather Channel, is far less stressed about the world outside than I am (though not as well-informed), and it shows in their household’s behavior and demeanor.
7. Receiving unusual amounts of rainfall since our sprinkler system broke 2 months ago and super-busy friends have not yet had time to help us with it.
8. Due to various retailers’ discounts, being able to stretch a holiday club savings account (that earned 27 cents in interest) much farther than I could have expected to cover “necessity” purchases. Necessity now includes buying some items from Walmart, including a backpack to start rebuilding my 72-hour emergency kit.
9. Finding an interactive church music player online so I can start relearning my choir alto part without a piano in our home. Perhaps your church has one on their own website or a friend can record your notes for you. It takes practice to tune your ear to a non-melody part.
10. Having an “absent father-stepson” reconnect with his children overseas after we learned the grandson is dying, and enabling their stunned communication. Brownie points in heaven for that one.
With that kind of attitude of gratitude, I can begin 2011 on a note of confidence after all! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment
More Blogs by Shirley Ann Parker
Welcoming 2012 - Tuesday, January 03, 2012
One down and two to go - Thursday, November 24, 2011
Cannot believe the holidays are upon us - Friday, November 11, 2011
Plumbing Nightmares - Monday, September 26, 2011
This month it's been marketing - Saturday, August 13, 2011
Venturing further into e-books - Sunday, July 24, 2011
And the foreclosures continue - Saturday, July 02, 2011
A Satisfying Genealogy Conference - Tuesday, June 21, 2011
Between the Spaces of A Writer's Life - Saturday, June 04, 2011
Time to Move Forward - Friday, December 10, 2010
I have lost an entire year but... - Friday, December 10, 2010
Now here's a situation for you! - Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Patricia Highsmith Understood - Saturday, July 05, 2008
This isn't the life I ordered - Sunday, March 02, 2008
California Wildfires - Saturday, November 10, 2007
Life as it is lived - Friday, October 05, 2007
Are you a Notary Public? - Monday, June 04, 2007
Time is flying by...much too fast! - Sunday, May 20, 2007
Reminder! The Ballad of Billy Lee - Saturday, December 02, 2006
To My Reviewers - Friday, November 24, 2006
The Ballad of Billy Lee - save the date! - Monday, October 09, 2006
Being lethargic or daydreaming? - Sunday, September 03, 2006
A Lone Voice Can Make a Difference - Monday, August 14, 2006
To report or to comment - Thursday, May 25, 2006
Mallards at a business park? - Sunday, April 30, 2006
Mobile Home Alert! - Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Heard about Book Millionaire? - Thursday, April 06, 2006
Well, the results are in.... - Monday, March 13, 2006
Pins and Needles Time - Monday, February 20, 2006
A Little Disappointed with the Writers' Conference - Tuesday, February 07, 2006
A Dream Scrambling to Survive - Sunday, January 15, 2006
An After-Christmas Sale - Sunday, January 08, 2006
Happy New Year! - Saturday, December 31, 2005
It's Over for Another Year - Monday, December 26, 2005
What Do We Write in December? - Sunday, December 18, 2005