· Write It Right-Tips for Authors - The Big Book
· Write It Right - Tips for Authors, Volume II
· The Howling Cliffs - A Sara Mason Mystery
· Off Center in the Attic - Over the Top Stories
· Legacy of the Tropics
· Write it Right - Tips for Authors, Volume I
· Down to the Needle, a thriller (Hardcover)
· Down to the Needle, a thriller (Paperback)
· River Bones, a thriller (Hardcover)
· River Bones, a thriller (Paperback)
· Grandpappy's Cows
· Any Way You Distort It
· Opening Scene - Down to the Needle
· Let the Dialog Speak
· Books on CD Interview - Terry W. Lessig, Producer
· Forensic Evidence in Plots
· Unfinished Manuscripts: A Tribute
· Writer's Block
· Pigeon Modem
· Naked Night in the Tropics
· A Free eBook
· A Big Award for River Bones
· My Novel, The Ka, in Amazon's Top 100 - Twice
· Live Interview on BlogTalkRadio
· River Bones, a Winner
· River Bones is a Finalist
· New Writing Contests
· Win-A-Book Competition - Three Winners
· Call for Submissions
Mary Deal, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Kauai author Mary Deal publishes new novel
2/7/2001 2:36:00 AM
by Mary Deal
|Kaua`i's newspaper, "The Garden Island," ran my photo and published this article.
Kauai author, Mary Deal, has recently released "The Tropics," which tells the tale of two women in three intertwined novellas.
Deal is co-founder and past President of Kauai Writer's Roundtable. Prior to publication of this novel, she has had poetry, short stories, photos, recipes and gag lines published.
The author has lived in Great Britain, the Caribbean and now lives on Kauai and says some of her experiences were the inspiration for stories included in "The Tropics."
In a synopsis of her new book, Deal says it deals with the tale of two women facing death at sea with nothing to save themselves but their wits as they fall prey to nature's wrath during inclement tropical weather.
The heroines must deal with perils and inherent dangers of the sea and of island living cloaked behind a facade of sunny beaches, balmy tradewinds and swaying palm trees.
"Child of a Storm" tells the story of Ciara Malloy, who "inherits" her drowned fiancee's son only to learn a devastating secret about the boy. "Caught in a Rip" is about underwater photographer Lillian Avery who is swept out to sea off Kaua`i and finds strengths she never knew she had. The lives of both women reconnect a few years later in "Hurricane Secret."
The book has had positive reviews from David Penhallow, author of "After the Ball" and Jan Oshiro, author of "Divorce Through the Hearts of Women."
Deal is currently working on her next novel, "Daughter of the Nile," a historical fantasy set in both modern-day Egypt as well as during Tutankhamon's 18th Dynasty.
"The Tropics" is available at Border's Books & Music and can also be ordered directly from iUniverse.com.
(Watch for another photo and article to be presented in the "Features" column of the same paper around the beginning of March, 2001.)
Mary Deal dba Mele Publishing