Christian author, Danny R. Von Kanel has recently penned a variety of articles for publication. They are a cross section of articles geared to senior adults, worship leaders, parents, women, ministers, and teachers.
· Accept His Plan, The Gem, TBA – This article is a inspirational piece meant to help those considering a mid-life career change. It is a dialogue with God by the author.
· Focus Thinking, War Cry, TBA – Written for the Salvation Army magazine War Cry, this article helps the reader take his thoughts captive – offering help with those dealing with temptation.
· Genuine Worship, Let’s Worship, TBA – Von Kanel wrote this article, a feature, to help worship leaders understand genuine worship and gives practical guidance in worship planning.
· A Senior’s Guide to Finding Significance, Mature Living, TBA – This article helps senior adults to go from success to significance during the back half of their lives.
· Trail Blazing – The Lookout Magazine – June 19, 2011 – Trail Blazing was written to offer keys to parents guiding their children in life’s path that will serve to clear a trail for them to travel.
· Parent Teacher Conferences – Christian Schools International – TBA This article offers guidance to parents and teachers on having parent teacher conferences based on the author’s experiences and research.
· Exit and Entrance – EJ Online Spring 2011 – This article is a reprint that helps ministers avoid train wrecks when they leave one church and go to another.
· Would You Give Me A Hug? – Mature Years – Spring, 2011 This article describes 10 kids of hugs and why we need to give them often.
· You Can Be a Public Speaker – Dabblingmum.com – Now online – This woman’s magazine article offers encouragement and guidance to women who want to become a public speaker.
· The Necessity of Repentance – Vista, Spring , 2011 This article defends the necessity of repentance and why our lives would self destruct without it.
Danny R. Von Kanel has been involved in ministry, freelance writing, and church growth consulting for more than 33 years. He has served congregations in Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and Illinois and is currently the Minister of Music at Roxie Baptist Church, Roxie, Mississippi. He is a 1973 Pascagoula High School graduate and youngest son of Lewis and the
late Madge Von Kanel of Vancleave.
Von Kanel has hundreds of articles appearing in 45+ magazines crossing many denominational lines including: Focus on the Family, Parenting Today, Mature Living, Ministries Today, Grow, Enrichment Journal, Clergy Journal, Small Groups.com, Let’s Worship, The Deacon, and The Journal for the American Society of Church Growth among others. In addition, he has two books published by CSS Publishing: Built By the Owner’s Design (The Positive Approach to Building Your Church God’s Way), 2003 and Building Sunday School by the Owner’s Design (100 Tools for Successful Kingdom Growth), 2005. Von Kanel has recently finished writing his third book, Building Your Life by the Owner’s Design (The Positive Approach to Building Your Life God’s Way).
In recent days Von Kanel has led writer seminars at the Natchitoches and Ponchatoula Parish Libraries to receptive audiences. He has also led writing conferences for The Louisiana Baptist State Convention, Ponchatoula’s Berries, Bridges, and Books Writer’s Conference, and the Memorial Baptist Church School of Fine Arts, Bogalusa, Louisiana. He is married to Beverly Gay Allen Von Kanel (77 Pascagoula High School graduate) and has two grown sons and five grandchildren.
(Note: TBA = To Be Annouced)