· Fort Pillow Update – Civil War News.com – June, 2011 – This article is a departure from Von Kanel’s normal writing. It is a news article to update the massacre that took place during the Civil War at Fort Pillow on April 12, 1864. Von Kanel’s great grandfather died there.
· Focused Thinking – War Cry – June 11, 2011 – This Salvation Army magazine will carry Von Kanel’s article on taking our thoughts captive.
· Trail Blazing – The Lookout Magazine – June 19, 2011 – An article about forging new paths for our kids to follow.
· Following God (Finding How Through the Eyes of Children) – Evangel -- Summer, 2011 – This article gives keys to following God by examining characteristics of children.
· The Multiple Opportunity Dilemma – The Mother’s Heart Magazine -- Summer, 2011 -- Von Kanel addresses a unique problem all parents face: “How much activity involvement is too much for their kids?”
· A Kinder Gentler Teacher – Teacher’s of Vision – Back to School issue 2011 – Von Kanel gives teachers eight proven ways to keep their cool when addressing disturbances in class.
· Would You Give Me A Hug? – Mature Years – Fall, 2011 –This article give 10 ways to give healing embraces – written for senior adults in the United Methodist Church.
· Desert Wanderer – Mature Living – November, 2011 – This article, in a senior adult magazine for Southern Baptist, gives readers some tools in knowing what to do when they find themselves wandering in a dry, desert place in their lives.
· Safe Haven – Lookout Magazine – December 11, 2011 – This article Von Kanel wrote to help readers find their personal sanctuary.
Many other articles of Von Kanel, having already found acceptance, will appear in publication but find their print home in 2012.
Danny Von Kanel, living in Franklinton for the past nine years, serves Roxie Baptist Church, Roxie, Mississippi. Von Kanel served as Minister of Music of First Baptist Church, Franklinton from 2002-2005 where the music ministry went from six to fourteen music groups in three years; Memorial Baptist Church, Bogalusa from2005-2008. He has recently led “Get Published” Seminars in Franklinton & Bogalusa following previous seminars in Ponchatoula and Natchitoches. Later this year (September) he will lead a “How to Become a Published Author” Seminar at the Causeway Branch of the St. Tammany Parish Library system.
Von Kanel is also known for teaching music at the Northside Tech Middle School, Bogalusa in 2009/2010 school year, Founding and Directing the Memorial Baptist School of Fine Arts (Summer, 2008), and starting the annual Living Nativity at Memorial Baptist Church (Christmas, 2007). He is married to Beverly Gay Allen Von Kanel and has two grown sons and five grandchildren.