Annie Rogers Wins Award
Monday, May 29, 2006 2:50:00 PM
by Annie Rogers
|The writing duo of Annie Rogers has won a Book of the Year Award from ForeWord Magazine. The award for their debut novel, A Dream Across Time was received recently at Book Expo in Washington, D.C.
For Immediate Release
Debut Novel A Dream Across Time by Annie Rogers Has Received a Book of the Year Award from ForeWord Magazine
(St. Michaels, MD, May 30) What does building a villa in the Caribbean have to do with receiving a Book of the Year Award from ForeWord Magazine at Book Expo America? For Mala and Roger Burt, who write under the pen name, Annie Rogers, it was their immersion in the Caribbean way of life that led them to set their debut novel, A Dream Across Time, on the island of St. Lucia.
"We wanted readers to experience the rich depths of the islands" Mala Burt said. "We wanted them to feel the sensuous breezes, hear the tree frogs, and smell the tropical flowers. This award tells me we accomplished that goal." Roger Burt continued, "And we wanted readers to get a sense of the mysticism that is fundamental to island life and what can happen if you follow your dreams. But we never dreamed all those trips to the Caribbean would result in a novel full of romantic suspense."
What are the Who, What, Where, When and Whys in this unusual partnership?
• Award Winning -The award winning debut novel A Dream Across Time is the first book in the Demontagne Saga. The second book, A Circle of Dreams, will be available mid June.
• Romantic Suspense - The books in the Demontagne Saga combine romance in an exotic Caribbean setting with the suspense of real life mysteries.
• Caribbean Expertise - After building a home in St. Lucia the Burts became deeply immersed in the Caribbean. The story lines weave the real life stories they found in the Caribbean with the sparkle of mystical elements.
• Family Expertise - The Burts became nationally recognized experts in stepfamily dynamics after bringing four children together when they remarried. Their mental health backgrounds (he is a clinical psychologist and she a clinical social worker) along with their own family experience enriches the form and content of their novels.
• Marriage/Partnership - Their value of marital partnership and family is reflected in their writings.
• When Opportunity Knocks - The Burts believe that opportunities come in many forms and seeming disasters can be opportunities in disguise.
• Following Your Dream -. A Dream Across Time is dedicated to the proposition that great things can come from pursuing dreams even in the face of adversity.
• Starting a New Career Late in Life - The Burts are in their sixties and believe it is never too late to follow your dreams.
To interview the Burts about the topics above or to order a review copy contact them at 410-745-6950 or send an email to annie.annierogers.com. For more information about them go to their website www.annierogers.com