Your access has now been granted to the events hosted by Mississippi artist/poet C. A. Webb during the month of June!
* CONVERSATIONS WITH C. A. WEBB: The radio talk show that began in September 2003 continues this month with thought-provoking discussions with those involved in the many forms of the arts in Mississippi. This month's guests include Lynn Robinson of Building Bridges of Jackson, Vernon Moore (producer) of With Us Records, musician Scott Albert Johnson, and singer/songwriter Martha Simpson. The show can be heard every Tuesday at 7:30p.m. ONLY on WMPR 90.1 FM or www.wmpr901.com
* MCRAES METROCENTER: The relationship that began with McRaes and Webb in 2000 is stronger than ever with the artist making two confirmed appearances during June 2004 to support their month Senior Class Days. Look for Webb on Tuesday June 15th and Tuesday, June 29 from 10-1p.m. C. A. Webb appreciates Mary Poindexter, Asst. Manager of McRaes Metrocenter, for her continued support of the arts.
* METAMORPHOSIS TOUR CONTINUES: By far the highlight of the month of June 2004 are the two events scheduled in connection with the METAMORPHOSIS tour. On Saturday, June 12, 2004 the tour stops in Houston, TX for an art show (4-7p.m.) and poetry reading (7:30p.m.) at the Best Western Greenway Inn and Suites (2929 SW Freeway). Admission is free, however, Webb will have products available for purchasing.
On Saturday, June 19, 2004, the METAMORPHOSIS project will be celebrated again in Jackson, MS with a poetry reading at 7:30p.m. at the Best Western Executive Inn, Downtown Jackson. There will be two open mike sessions for the audience to share their work, as well as a drawing for a FREE WEEKEND IN A JACUZZI SUITE AT THE HOTEL and 2 $25 gift cards compliments of Circuit City! (Tickets for the drawing are always $5.00, however, all online subscribers get a FREE ticket just by replying to this email with your name, address, and contact number. Remember that you get a SECOND FREE TICKET by referring forwarding this email to someone and having them subscribe to the online newsletter by sending their name, address, and contact number. You do not need to be present to win.)Confirmed guest artists are singers/songwriters Tim Collins and Martha Simpson, illustrator Rosalind Roy and visual artist Wez Harglo. Admission is free, however, all artists will have products available for purchasing.
* C. A. WEBB, MARTHA SIMPSON, BEST WESTERN EXECUTIVE INN AND BUILDING BRIDGES. Giving has always been an important facet to C. A. Webb, Inc. and during the month of June 2004 that is still evident. If you purchase Webb's spoken word cd METAMORPHOSIS or the poetry chapbook by the same name from the front desk of the Best Western Executive Inn ($10 each or both for $15), $1 of each purchase will be donated to Building Bridges of Jackson, an organization committed to helping those with HIV and AIDS. (Purchases made before the poetry reading on the 19th will automatically enter your name in the drawing for the prizes that will be given away.)
* WITHOUT SANCTUARY. The exhibit at Jackson State University that C. A. Webb adamantly declared he DIDN'T want to see was finally viewed last week at the insistance of Dr. Monique Guillory. Webb's feelings after seeing the exhibit have found its way into his newest poetic testimony entitled I KNOW NOW. (You can read it by visiting the POETRY tab of this website.)
*** WHAT'S NEXT FOR C. A. WEBB? Don't forget that his new novella UNFINISHED BUSINESS, BOOK I will be released in July 2004. Also, look for Webb's collaboration with three non-profit organziations to be a part of his first annual C. A. WEBB DAY coming in July 2004.
For more information about any of the above, contact Cyrus A. Webb at (601) 201-8139 or email Webb at cawebb1.juno.com.