· Boomer the Bengal Cat by Karen Pitchford
· Harry Spotter the Incontinent Puppy by Paige Hanson
· Dream I Can by Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Believe I Can By Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Believe & Dream Find Their Way Home by S. Gallucci 2006
· Miss Amy's Hurray for Rhyme it's Story Time
· Testimonial of a mural, a book and a girl
· Rest in Peace, Mr. Bennet
· Ladies of the Festival
· Thanks Leigh
· Love will find the key...
· My BIG Idea 2 By Asa Sellers (10 yrs old)
· Soda Pop Falls
· 200+ Students Today
· Art Class Today
· The Ravioli Monster!
· WTBQ Radio NY - The Frank Truatt Morning Show
· 1480 WHBC Morning Radio Show - Canton, Ohio
· KXYL FM Radio Interview Brownwood, TX
· WTLN: Public Service Announcement regarding AUTISM
· The Apopka Chief April 27, 2007
· FRONT PAGE!!! Apopka Chief April 20, 2007
· The Planter Newspaper April 13, 2007
· Apopka MY TOWN Magazine April 5, 2007
· The Apopka Chief March 23, 2007
· The Apopka Chief News July 28, 2006
· Inspiration sneaks up again...
· Thank You ♥Jesus
· HONEY ♥ BEAR
· The Daintiest Ballerina
· Before & After Make-Over... Dirty old DOGS!
· Le Salon.... Meoooow!
· “Mommy’s Little ♥ Fan Club”
· Memories Re-surfacing
· Chick from P.A.
· Christmas Eve Adventure
· Book signing event for Eben Alexander a huge success!
· 790am Radio in Leesburg FL.
· Orlando (Lake) Sentinel... Mt. Dora Artist...
· Barrel of Books in Mount Dora Florida Grand Opening
· Online Article: what to do in Mt Dora .com
· EVERYTHING LAKE MAGAZINE Sept. 2012 Issue
· Limited Edition, Signed & Numbered Private Label Wine Bottles for Event!
· Memories of Mount Dora Preview Oct 22, 2012
Amy Sellers, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
4/24/2007 11:02:00 AM
by Amy Sellers
|Mayor Land of Apopka presents Proclamation to Amy Sellers on behalf of the Out of the Rain Society, Inc.
April 24, 2007
Amy Sellers, Andrew Sellers and Laurie Staples accept the Proclamation regarding "AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH" at the City Hall today in Apopka Florida.
"Now, therefore, I, John H. Land, Mayor of the City fo Apopka, do hereby proclam the month of April as: "AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH" in the City of Apopka, and ask all citizens to join me as we express our appreciation to the "Out of the Rain Society" for their compassion and dedication towards autism awareness.
WHEREAS, autism is a complex and puzzling neurobiological disorder that severely impairs the ability of individuals to process and integrate ordinary information from their environment, affecting their ability to communicate and learn; and
WHEREAS, autism severely affects the way autistic individuals relate to others socially; and
WHEREAS, autism affects all five senses, causing either very acute or sometimes non-existent functioning without consistency; and
WHEREAS, the incidence rate of autism is approximately 1 in 150; and
WHEREAS, autism is unidentifiable until 12-18 months of age and often does not manifest until well into the second or third year of life; and
WHEREAS, with proper treatment and intensive therapy it is possible for many autistic children to progress to a point where they are indistinguishable from their peers; and
WHEREAS, the state of Florida has one of the largest populations of autistic children and young adults in the United States; and
WHEREAS, nationally, April has been declared as Autism Awareness Month