Nickolaus A. Pacione, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Various Updates of a Controversial author
1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|details on a publication featuring some new material from me.
It's official. I going to appear on a magazine called The Writer's Post Journal and was invited personally by Jackie after getting back in touch with her again when I learned that she was on lulu.com. The short story is one that came about when I was released from the hospital in November of 2004 because of some severe Bronchtis. The magazine is hosted by her publishing company, Let's Be Frank Books. This is my fifth appearance in print since being published on Reality Check, and the twentieth time published in general. Some real doors opened for me on this. Hard to believe but it's true there.
The journal entry being published in this is one that I wrote for a journal I have on Diary-X so this would mark something for me that went from being a self-publisher to a small press published writer. I will always be considered a self-publisher by all means, and take great pride in being able to put the books out myself. The story of how I came in correspondence with Jackie was when I released a short story titled Oct 13, 1993, which is my true crime title. Her review was one that the first time I saw someone leave an explicitive for the start of a review. So I sent her an email and her invitation was extented to me to submit a story.
Over the weekend I signed the contract and sent it to her to make it official. So this will be one that I will say is only the beginning and I have to thank Michael Laimo for his encouragement on this. Knowing that I wanted to get my work out there I got a message from a friend of hers as well via ezboard about the publisher, told her that I knew of Jackie from AuthorsDen -- the response was, "Well I'll be damned." So this new year will be the mark of more publication oppertunities and hopefully score a sale of a short story from there -- I am not in it for the money just that if I sell one I am happy. I made some referrence of this publication on my reading patterns blog on GreatestJournal -- and yet to make some note of it on Xanga which that will be next.
Now for those who don't know that I got published on Reality Check -- my short story on there is titled Bite of the Spider, and the noted self-published anthology Tabloid Purposes where I pull out three stories. One being my debute as a Science Fiction writer. I hope to write more Science Fiction as the year goes on. The news of this publication is back to back to being published on New Writers Of The Purple Page, Volume One. So to see my story appear in a print magazine, it is just a matter of time before I appear in two more anthologies on top of the three I did already. Now the question will be, "How controversial can Pacione become?" This new one being published in The Writers Post Journal was one tha came off my bronchitis fit. This will be my first print magazine appearance and fourth magazine appearence next to The House of Pain. Be keeping your eyes open within the month for updates over there as well.
I am getting published with a lot of the odds stacked against me on a number of occasions, and in those odds -- that is where I tend to really thrive. The new short story I will say is one that follows in the tradition of a short story on Collectives In A Foresaken Landscape titled Evil Airs, but between the two of them -- Evil Airs is darker between the two of them. Don't count this one out because it does have its dark moments as well. I sit laughing when there were so many out there saying I will never see my work in print or published, but that is when I say -- they are making a huge mistake in underestimating me. For all the publishers and editors who took the chance and published me -- beers all around. Someone told me when I was 22-23 years old when I was living in Iowa that I would become published between the age of 27-28 years old, they were dead on. But I was seeing publication from the git-go.
All of you who were reading me on here three years ago in May saw this moment coming all along -- Ronald Dondiego was dead on when he said that I am one of the most creative and original writers on the internet. That was back in 2003, and some say I do the work of two authors when I write one story. They are dead on with that too. What you waiting for -- go and grab yourself a copy.
The Writers Post Journal, February 2005
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Gothic Extreme Horror - 9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available - 5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Exclusive story to website.... - 3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· Writer Gets A Community - 7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· horror writer crosses into true crime - 6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM
Nickolaus A. Pacione