Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available
5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|Sequel to both House of Spiders and Bite of the Spider get published on major player in underground horror. Written by two of AuthorsDen's most frightening authors.
As some of you haven't heard, Barbara Anna Marjanovic and I co-wrote a novella. And this novella is a sequel to two stories. The vicious short in Reality Check titled BITE OF THE SPIDER, then in Collectives titled HOUSE OF SPIDERS. So what happens when two horror writers with the fearless imaginations get together and write a story, that story becomes the most frightening novella that either had written by themselves. It features characters from House of Spiders, Collection II, and Bite of the Spider.
This is the motherfucker of my works, what that means is that this story is the meanest by far that we've done. And Donna Burgess of Nakes Snake Press is going to be publishing it in September 2006. I'm now in the ranks of John Edward Lawson and anthology mate Paul Melniczek (New Writers Of The Purple Page. His chapbook rocks, check it out.) The novella is a mix of The Cthulhu Mythos and Dracula, because I go into the origins of the vampire spiders. I brought them back and this story has a high fatality count -- the highest of any story that Barbara or I written individually.
Back in 2003, when I read some of Barb's work I thought, "Damn I am going to end up writing a story with her down the road." I went on to publish her on Quakes and Storms, and then on my second issue of the magazine. So from there the windows just opened up and the doors got kicked down, so becomes the start of the high octane horror novella. It combines the elements of the old Gothic novels with the elements of the horror novels written in the 1980s and 1990s. It is set right after House of Spiders. Soon enough people are going to know who Barbara is, I was telling people to check out her work for quite some time. Now begins the immortal infestation, the first stop on the pre-tour will be back in Elgin at The Mission.
There are a very few people who got to see this story in its finished form, and the end result being some couldn't tell which was me or which was Barbara. We were coming up with scenes that were equally as visceral. Believe me this story is a real bastard waiting to be unleashed upon the world. Keep an eye closely on either my DeadJournal or my Xanga Blog's feed on LiveJournal for more information about the release of House of Spiders 3. I was really pleased with the way the novel came out and it was set up to do at least two more sequels. This thing is a beast, and upon working on that one I completed the third sequel to Lake Fossil, and that one is available for purchase in two formats -- one part as a collection called Stories of Science And Curiousity, then the other is in a book by itself in a 4.25 X 6.78 format. That is something new that lulu started up and I used a photograph I took back in 2002 for the cover.
The novella will be out in time for Halloween, and I will be arranging a few appearences down the road with the book at different Goth events in the Chicago and Milwaulkee area promoting both projects. Right now until that novella is released I am promoting both The Storms of Armageddon and LAKE FOSSIL III. I will be doing the shoot for Lake Fossil III some time in July at Shedd Aquarium because the Chicago landmark makes it's appearence in the story. While getting things going for House of Spiders 3 I started writing a new story which is already the length of the original LAKE FOSSIL and it is the most horrific story I wrote on my own in a long time as well as trying to get a Science Fiction story placed which some say is too G rated for some markets even if I did swear some but nothing too hard. House of Spiders 3 will command a NC-17 rating because of its violent content. LAKE FOSSIL III is rated PG-13 because of the use of vulgarity and harsh jokes, the thing that made the LAKE FOSSIL stories was the humor in them. The third story has the most in-jokes of any of my stories to its cousins in Hollywood, meaning its cousins are Godzilla, King Kong, and many of the creature Sci-Fi flicks from the 1950s and 1960s. LAKE FOSSIL III can be purchased on lulu.com.
Nickolaus Pacione's DeadJournal
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Gothic Extreme Horror - 9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Various Updates of a Controversial author - 1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Exclusive story to website.... - 3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· Writer Gets A Community - 7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· horror writer crosses into true crime - 6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM