Nickolaus A. Pacione, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
horror writer crosses into true crime
6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|This is some updates to my writings that I had done -- new release so to speak.
|I took and wrote a new story which was really personal. It was one that I almost did not write and that was titled Oct 13, 1993. It was about the murder of a cab driver, and what makes it tormenting is the fact that a good friend of mine did the murder. I wrote this one because I needed to get it out of the system. I stated on my xanga blog some on the details and annoucment to those over there who knew that I was going to write this. I am trying to find an illustrator to do this one but I am not sure yet if I will illustrate this one -- it is too complex to illustrate though something like this is one thing I did not take lightly. Since I have 9 years behind the day that he had done the murder and 8 years since he was sentenced to spend the rest of his natural life in prison, I felt safe enough to say that I needed to write about this. Some of my closest friends from the home area knew I was going to write about this but I wasn't sure if I was yet until I have it done.
What happens when a horror writer writes true crime and how would the delivery come about? That is a good question -- that would be something would never have a full answer so to speak, might be something really contarversial but has a lot of truth behind it. I addressed to Intervied.dx on an Memorial Day interview that I would give the truth no matter if one group would think I am offensive. So this is my answer to that -- saying that what I did was a hate site. I am an artist who openly practices the first amendment. No matter what they say -- freedom of speech and press would not be silenced. So what if I am contraversial, "Nickolaus meet contraversy, contraversy this is Nickolaus. I see that the two of you already met." As people would think of me as being offensive as they think Eminem is but I have to say the man is a creative genuis, the first one to raise the fist in the air and say, "I don't give a fuck."
Shame on the pollitically correct for silencing freedom of speech by saying that it is not right when someone says something that is not acceptable. If someone uses the fag word as an insult, tough shit to them if they take offense to it. I made a statement where they put Matt Sheppard on the cross as the Messiah then throw the Arkansas homicide of a fourteen year old boy by a homosexual couple and they shut up. Say that I am offensive or call me distusting, I don't give a shit because I am honest with myself. It is in that sense where I wrote "Raped by Grace" then when I wrote "Room For One More" two years ago, I knew that it was going to strike a few cords and have a sting. That is something I had done for years. I am a shock artist, and for those who like to send me hate mail calling me their mother's pet names -- I welcome hate mail because it allows me to have some real fun. I read the email and tell them that I take a stand for something that I strongly disagree with.
If I am hated for that -- so be it. They don't have to read it if they don't want to, that is what writing of the truth is about -- and sometimes the truth is an ungodly, ugly thing that prowls around like a vampire waiting to bite them when they don't expect it. It is something that I had been driven by for a long time -- and the fact my integrity will speak louder than words. Sometimes it would piss someone off or make someone think -- I have done my job, but sometimes I will always tape into the darker side of the imagination writing about horrors in relatity or within my own nightmares. This story is drawn from the personal demons looking for the release.
the ethereal journal
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Gothic Extreme Horror - 9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available - 5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Various Updates of a Controversial author - 1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Exclusive story to website.... - 3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· Writer Gets A Community - 7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM
Nickolaus A. Pacione