Nickolaus A. Pacione, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Gothic Extreme Horror
9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|Controversial Author/Publisher Nickolaus Pacione lauches the official domain for his long running website.
Hey junkies -- how's it going. I am pleased to announce my domain is live. http://www.writingsfromthegrave.com -- the stories on there range from 1997 era, 2000 era, 2004 era, 2005 era 2006 and information about the print exclusive stories and purchasing info one these. They start from the most sought after short story of my early online career when I was just 20 years of age.
Right now the domain is a mirror site to the official website and you can link to me via the banner on wordpress.com or if you have access to VampireFreaks.com, add LAKEFOSSIL and you can grab the banner from there. It's the blue photo using my Oct 2008 photo sessions that is on the default page of the entrance of Writings From The Grave. I designed the fucking thing myself from the ground up and grew with me over the years, the layout is a stretched out version of the old 2002-2003 era layout but I did more shit with it. To commemorate the long anniversary of Writings From The Grave I made my AuthorsDen page a color sceme from an early era Writings From The Grave. In 2001 I went from a black and red to a Type O Negative style green with the text.
Hard to believe I am in my 30s and kept this site running and it outgrew its home on tripod because I was using new places and new technologies with the website. But I refuse to use a damn blog layout that most writers are doing with wordpress with my first baby -- my son is my second.
Writings From The Grave been around longer than AuthorsDen.com and VampireFreaks.com then it was around longer than LiveJournal.com or the other blog sites. I was part of the era where everyone was able to get a website but I did something unique. I made it dark and menancing for a Gothic site. This site SCARED Goths. I've been around much longer than Kelan Patrick Burke with his website which carries a copyright of 2002 (he emerged to the scene when I first joined AuthorsDen.com.) I used AuthorsDen and FictionPress to expand my reader base -- and damn with FictionPress.com I got one.
My website, carries a distinction. It's the oldest official author website that didn't have a domain -- until July 2010 where I bought up WritingsFrom The Grave.com and Lake Fossil Press.org. I have two message boards operating -- and the second board is active from network54.com, one of the other message boards like yuku.com allows html coding in the messages. I ripped the industry a new one when An Eye In Shadows got published, but the fucks pirated the shit out the damn thing just before it went to lulu.com. I am seven years shy of being in my second decade online, but damn it's been a hell of a ride and I will take it one step futher.
One thing my gravediggers can tell you over the years, "Don't count out Nickolaus Pacione." I've written in every fucking subgenre of horror there is -- but I will not touch erotic horror. If you ask me if I write that -- fuck you, I don't. I've seen my work get published in Tales of the Talisman twice, seen myself get published in the maiden Withersin, so I was one of the pioneers in that issue. I've seen my work get sold to another pioneering website that's been around about as long as mine if not longer, and with a story that was done on a first try. No rewrites were needed for the story.
All my online life I've been a pioneer in some form when it came to my career -- I had my career in my hands the whole time. I started the manuscript trade with my Canadian counterpart, and that was when I penned my first signature story. I will not let some newbie to the magazine scene stop my career cold and dead, I will not let a troll whose following is other trolls stop me from publishing my magazine or running my publishing company. Basically I am doing a call to arms to everyone whose been part of Lake Fossil Press in the history of the company when they see trolls say what they say of the imprint, tell them to fuck off and tell them otherwise.
I am writing right now some of my most notorious stories of my career because I am gunning for someone at some point. From the libel blogs to the cyberbullies who set my books on fire. To the assholes who try to make me out to be a monster -- I tell them to look in the fucking mirror if they want a monster. Calling me a disease that needed to be irradicated -- yeah I've heard it all my life. I am not about to let some rank amatuer tell me that I suck. So with that, I give the world WritingsFromTheGrave.com and this domain is paid up to four years but even then I am going to pay for it for another 6 years so I have Writings From The Grave into my fifties and sixties. I am not going to give in to the trend where writers use blogs as their official websites because it cheapens their freebies.
Writings From The Grave
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available - 5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Various Updates of a Controversial author - 1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Exclusive story to website.... - 3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· Writer Gets A Community - 7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· horror writer crosses into true crime - 6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM
Nickolaus A. Pacione