Nickolaus A. Pacione, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Books by Nickolaus A. Pacione
Writer Gets A Community
7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|Contraversial horror writer, the webmaster of the brooding horror website, Writings From The Grave, gets the keys to do what he wants with a community on livejournal. Already starting to have shockwaves.
|It was the end of June 2002, where I was given the keys to a community on livejournal. I did not expect to really get the community but here I am maintaining a good size community on livejournal. It is an undertaking because before I got the community it was more music and fashion oriented. I had an idea of where I wanted to take this one -- and it was going to be more in a literary direction. Being that I have some critics already of the reinvention there are just as many who do approve. Since I have that background in web design, I figured I might do some work with layouts to make it more of a literary base -- and the next thing I knew, two writers are posting their work or links to them on other points on the web.
It gives me an oppertunity to introduce some of the writers on Authors Den to a place where they would normally will not touch a muscular style of horror -- from what I learned from observation of the Gothic subculture is the facts that of it being more fashion or glam based. Coming from the heavy metal or a horror literature background -- I was trying to give my take on it, trying to introduce writers like H.P. Lovecraft and newcomers (ie J.M. Heluk, Ceara Baxter and Ron Dondiego some that I will name offhand) as well since over the time that I have been online I have been keen on new writers too. Especially since some of the influences they have stick out. I have got the critism of such, "someone like him should not be hosting a community at all, let alone have a website."
With the community I wanted to give back some of the skills I learned with web design -- that being giving some of my own html tags. Horror is a mixed bag -- some writers write to get laid, while others I have linked as well as myself up write to rule the world, and what is to be seen of the future of the horror genre is who I am trying to introduce to the people who read Anne Rice and Poppy Z. Brite. The newer writers are writing heavier, darker and ever more frightening than the writers before -- as I speak of the ones linked up above they do just that, and that is deliver the goods.
Being the moderator of a community as what I run has a lot of responsiblity, and I have got the oppertunity to talk with some of the individuals in the community and some are coming to the surface are becoming even more talented than the last. I have seen a lot of the poets in there and one thing I see is alot of talent and they don't even know how talented they are.
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Gothic Extreme Horror - 9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available - 5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Various Updates of a Controversial author - 1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Exclusive story to website.... - 3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· horror writer crosses into true crime - 6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM