Nickolaus A. Pacione, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Exclusive story to website....
3/27/2004 6:50:00 PM
by Nickolaus A. Pacione
|...a story that was influenced by a few fanfiction writers. An original story but has a fanfiction feel.
Word count: (6,170 Words)
Genre: General (Horror)
Relatives: Rod Serling's work
I made this story an exclusive to my website Writings From The Grave for the reason being I had the site now for seven years and haven't written a story for that site in a long time. I released this story on a few other places but this is one that it will be seen in its entirely. It is different from the others as in that I have used definate characters. If anything this is as close as I get to writing literary fiction, it has a style that is still horror but not as macabre as what one sees in the rest of my catalog. So far Terry Vinson, Hasan Abood, Valerie Hardin, and J.M. Heluk read this one -- now here is an open invitation to those who have been reading my work on AuthorsDen to come over to my main website and read this story. It is a massive one even for me -- the longest by far that I have written. I have this one up on the message board and released it to Shivers Of Horror message board. The fanfiction crowd saw this and so had one other site, and the ones who read this already could not believe this is me writing it.
This is a departure from what I am capable of and this is one that still has the eerie elements I have been known for on here. This was inspired by the Twilight Zone fanfiction I have read, and thought what if I can write this into an original story but using a concept familar with those who had read Rod Serling's work. This was done after writing the short story on diary-x, titled I. This is a tradition for me every year to write a huge story for my site, this year I wanted to do something a little different. Do this in a way that tributes an influence that I called an influence for many years. The story story, I, being one that I could not begin to even describe in the way it is written but I wanted one that follows the story titled Derailed. So I thought I would do something more character driven, and this became the story titled The Statue. In the 13 years I've picked up the pen to write horror, I don't think I did anything this involved -- not since writing the epic, The Seasons of Black September. I blame the site fanfiction.net for coming up with a story like this, but I wanted to put my own spin on a writer's work, another writer's dream was the inspiration for the things that wander in my imagination. This is the first short story I wrote that I am using Glendale Heights, Illinois for the setting of the story. I was taking cues from Aaron G. Saunders after he wrote Romanian Chairs, this is longer than anything I have written in a long time -- the longest before this one is A Cemetery Dream.
This story came about from a lot of taunting on the part of a writer who goes on as The Tragic Clown, with all his back handed compliments and attempts to discredit me as a writer. All those naysayers would end up saying something that is going to bite them in the ass, and it does with the stories, I, and The Statue. I got a strong reception with this one already so I thought it was time to introduce this one to AuthorsDen but as a link to the place as an offsite link. I have to thank all of you on AuthorsDen for bringing out the best in my talents and this for me is a total masterpiece. There are stories that I will write in the future that I don't think will equal up to this one. I might end up writing darker stories than this one using the style I wrote this one in. It felt weird that I wrote myself into the story as a character, but I thought, "fuck it, if I am going to do this -- I am going to do this right." When I was done writing this one I was thinking, "Damn, this is going to put my name across the spectrum because it is the most mainstream horror story I have ever written." This was the first large story I wrote that I haven't sworn a single hard cuss word.
Writings From The Grave
More News by Nickolaus A. Pacione
· Magazine Submission Guidelines - 11/10/2011 9:54:00 PM
· Gothic Extreme Horror - 9/27/2010 7:24:00 AM
· Flying Cigars gets accepted.. - 7/25/2006 1:30:00 AM
· Story will be slated to appear in Insomnia Magazine - 7/9/2006 9:04:00 PM
· Colaboration gets accepted -- then a sequel is available - 5/30/2006 9:59:00 AM
· Lake Fossil II is live as a downloadable story - 5/10/2005 10:41:00 AM
· In the Hospital.. got accepted on The Writers Post Journal - 3/6/2005 12:49:00 PM
· Various Updates of a Controversial author - 1/11/2005 1:06:00 AM
· Controversial Horror Writer's new forum - 12/12/2004 4:14:00 PM
· Tabloid Purposes is released - 9/21/2004 3:29:00 AM
· The Hand Trembler - 5/31/2004 3:13:00 AM
· Convergence 10: Set for Chicago... - 3/8/2004 1:32:00 AM
· attention non-fiction writers.. - 12/14/2003 8:51:00 AM
· New Mythos story to Writings From The Grave,,,,, - 6/6/2003 1:11:00 AM
· Library of Bones and others,,,,,, - 5/6/2003 9:49:00 PM
· horror writer wants to reach to the first POW freed - 4/25/2003 3:37:00 AM
· The Return to writing the Mythos - 3/12/2003 4:30:00 AM
· a return to the site - 1/26/2003 9:12:00 AM
· health report of a horror author: november in review - 11/30/2002 7:47:00 PM
· In My Words: Poetry & Prose - 9/28/2002 2:58:00 AM
· Writer Gets A Community - 7/30/2002 9:55:00 PM
· In My Own Words,,,, new meat from Nickolaus - 7/16/2002 6:33:00 AM
· going back to the roots - 6/11/2002 10:31:00 PM
· horror writer crosses into true crime - 6/3/2002 8:23:00 PM
· Gallery De Macabre - 5/22/2002 4:02:00 PM
· In my own words,,,,, - 5/17/2002 5:36:00 PM
Nickolaus A. Pacione