Most wives with cheating husbands suffer in silence or tolerate infidelity because they feel they have no other alternatives, or don’t know what else to do.
“You don’t have to be a helpless victim,” says Ruth Houston, infidelity expert and author of Is He Cheating on You? – 829 Telltale Signs. “The New Years resolutions below can help you make the best of a bad situation and minimize much of the damage infidelity can cause.”
“Take control of your situation in 2006,” advises Houston. “Work quietly behind the scenes to protect yourself emotionally, sexually, legally and financially. Regardless of whether you end up staying with your husband or leaving him, these New Year’s Resolutions will help you gain the upper hand.”
- Face reality. Ignoring your husband’s infidelity will only make matters worse.
- Let him know you know. Sometimes this alone is enough to make him stop.
- Speak up and take a stand. Make it clear that you disapprove and tell him you want it to stop.
- Rely on your support team. Confide in a trusted friend. Don’t try to go it alone.
- Identify the underlying issues. What are contributing factors to his infidelity?
- Realistically evaluate your situation. Consider all your options. Can the marriage be saved or is it beyond repair?
- Seek counseling for yourself and for your marriage. Get professional help.
- Protect yourself sexually. Your health is at risk if he’s having unprotected sex.
- Find out your legal rights.. Have an attorney who specializes in matrimonial law explain what you and the children are legally entitled to.
- Put your financial house in order. Take a realistic look at your current financial situation and make the necessary adjustments.
- Equip yourself to earn a living. Don’t stay just because you’re financially dependent on him.
- Prepare yourself mentally and emotionally. Accept the possibility that your marriage may end, and begin formulating a workable strategy now.
For more ways to empower yourself, request Ruth Houston’s free infidelity report entitled “5 Things You Shouldn’t Do If He’s Cheating on You”. Send an e-mail to InfidelityAdvice.gmail.com with "5 Things" in the subject line.
For 2006, focus your energy and efforts on the positive things you can do to make the best of a bad situation. Implement these New Year’s resolutions and you’ll gain the upper hand.
ATTENTION : Editors, Reporters and Staff Writers
For your use - a 700-word version of this article appears under featured articles at www.InfidelityAdvice.com Infidelity expert Ruth Houston has been quoted in the New York Times, and Cosmopolitan, among others, and has been a guest on The Today Show, The Early Show, and 200 other radio and TV talk shows worldwide.
Visit the PRESS ROOM at http://www.InfidelityAdvice.com for a complete bio or more infidelity information.
To interview Ruth Houston call 718 592-6039 or e-mail InfidelityExpert.gmail.com