Please go to
I chose the word "Elegy," as this site is a memorial to one particular animal in one scene in "Earthlings." It is one particular animal used for fur, and you will know which one. In truth, it is a memorial for all tortured animals.(I am trying for paragraphs but it may not work; please bear with me).
Now then, commercial interests are forbidden at AD, and I DON'T want to break any rules, but this group will become a 501-C non-profit soon - that is the goal - so that people will actually contribute. I would not keep a penny, but transfer funds to organiztions I've been following for decades and found to have integrity. But just reading this site would be a gift to me and the animals.
If you read the description, you will see that there are many ways to help. And if you watch the documentary at www.earthlings.com, you will think of your own ways, and can contribute elsewhere and in personal ways, such as lifestyle choices. There are many, many animal rights organizations; unfortunately, there is also an incredible amount of suffering. Each person counts - each helper, each ally. You can even start with spaying and neutering pets. But I don't want to sound preachy. As writers, though, I believe we can have a significant impact, and using our skills this way would be a wonderful undertaking.
Thank you for reading this, and thank you, AD, for letting me post it, and hopefully remain in the Den, my wonderful second home. PLEASE check out some of the links below. I'll be adding more. One more thing: You can go to Alerts on GOOGLE, and type in Animal Welfare, Animal Abuse, or Animal Rights, and the alerts will come right to your inbox. That's what I do. There, you can sign petitions, write letters, get on board, right from home. . It is very easy to help in a way that works for you.
1) International Fund for Animal Welfare: http://www.ifaw.org/splash.php
2) People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals: http://www.peta.org/
3) Humane Society of the United States: http://www.humanesociety.org/
4) The National Anti-vivisection Society
5) Farm Santuary
6) Physicians for Responsible Medicine
7) The Animal Rescue Site
8) Wayne Pacelle: A Humane Nation: http://hsus.typepad.com/wayne/ 8) Animal Legal Defense Fund: http://www.aldf.org/
9) http://www.peta.org/mc/facts.asp -- click on any of the images for a lot of helpful information.
10) VIDEO: copy and paste in browser: Meet Your Meat
11) Dreampower Animal Rescue: www.dreampower.org//index.cfm
11) Links from PETA, ie places were PETA is helping -- and no link below is intended to insult or cast aspersion on particular cultures or persons. There is suffering everywhere; i.e., it can happen anywhere....and WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!