Sage Sweetwater has had a busy year. She wrote three Lesbian Western screenplays for film this year. These are the scripts currently in Development with Triboro Pictures with the next phase being Pre-Production/Production on to Distribution after screening at film festivals such as Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah and Cannes Film Festival in France.
1. From the Convent to the Rawhide: The Saga of Sadie Cade and Vi Montana (Development/Pre-Production/Production/Distribution) Screenplay by Tim Riley - 2009
2. The Sundance Wives: The Gates of Doogun Hill (Development/Pre-Production/Production/Distribution) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - 2010
3. Dominga Rio of Cuero (In Pre-Development pipeline) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - 2010
4. Madam Blaze Starr: Whiskey and Sagebrush Truth in Eights and Aces (In Pre-Development pipeline) Screenplay by Sage Sweetwater - 2010
5. Jett Durango (Project 2011-2012) Screenplay is now in adaptation by Sage Sweetwater from her Lesbian Western Poetry published in Night of the Foal: The New Riders of the Purple Sage. Sage will not be writing on this project consistently. It's retirement time!
Madam Blaze Starr: Whiskey and Sagebrush Truth in Eights and Aces is set in two different eras in the same geographical location of Cripple Creek, Colorado. Beginning with 1897, the year of the brothel and Madam Pearl DeVere takes us on a cinematic re-enactment of what those years in the Cripple Creek Gold Mining era were like. Historically accurate throughout with Sage Sweetwater's own spin on Lesbian Western storytelling in the Old West, the characters come to life with many subplots. Characters like Wyatt and Virgil Earp, Bat Masterson and a surprise character real-life Liver Eating Johnson gives the dynamic script a more dramatic appeal. And Tarot makes the predictions beforehand!
Merging right into the modern-day Cripple Creek, Colorado, we are "hooked" on Madam Blaze Starr's Tarot Veil Ranch, a brothel with a different arrangement of prostitution and all throughout, "Religion" is given a right meaning in the screenplay through the various characters, bulls and a foal. Rosicrucian elements are cast and Scripture quote dialogue along with the Occult saddle up with the pulpit that is going to hell, or not? Politics and Blazing Lesbian sex is prevalent throughout the script and Sage Sweetwater doesn't have any doubt that Madam Blaze Starr will scorch a few asses along with the first film, Lesbian Western Political Blockbuster Dominga Rio of Cuero adapted from the Lesbian Western novel by Sage Sweetwater and Blue Sleighty.
Happy New Year to all the fans!