Scripture for this week: Luke 6:48 “That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and laid a foundation on rock; when the flood arose, the river burst against that house but could not shake it because it had been well built.”
Message: On the Solid Rock I Stand.
This past week I have had cause to ask myself the question; “how solid is your faith, and upon what foundation is the house of your consciousness built?” So many of us are facing the winds of change, the high waters of debt, the storms of angry people and situations, the loss of valuables by those who rob us of earthly possessions, the death of those we love……………. The list goes on. And in speaking with some of my associates, family members and friends, I find that these situations have the ability to shake their faith in God. I remember being in that place; where I was asking myself if God had forsaken me. Yes the outward manifestations of our lives can lead us down that path if we permit them. We have a choice when that happens. I believe that it is in that moment when the night seems darkest, to build or rebuild our inner sanctuary which is a place of complete safety.
I do not disagree that in those times of stormy weather, it is hard to believe that we are safe and provided for. Yet it is in those times that we can make the strongest moves toward gathering the power to build. There are cornerstones that we can work with that will help us build a stronger sanctuary.
Cornerstone # 1: Do we believe God’s promises. The Psalmist David said in 138:7; “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies and thy right hand shall save me.” David’s affirmation of faith gives us an idea about what we can choose to believe in those moments when adversity comes along."Adversity introduces a man to himself" Anonymous
So let us examine our faith. Has there ever been a time in your life when you did not know where to turn…. When you called upon the Lord and He seemed to be taking His time to answer or to save us? The answers may come quickly or slowly. You may question your faith at this time or you may think God is not listening. I have heard people say; “I keep doing what is right and I keep praying but nothing stays right for long. As soon as I seem to be getting a breakthrough with one situation another comes along to slap me in the face.”
The fact of the matter is, there will never come a time when people will not be challenged by circumstances. Challenges are the activity of life. Knowing that we can overcome with faith is how we build our Spiritual Muscle. But we must have the right mental attitude about what presents itself in our life today. I love the story about the chrysalis that was waiting it turn to become a butterfly when along came a helpful human who decided to cut a corner of the cocoon to let the insect out. Thinking he had done a good deed, he was surprised to see that the butterfly was crippled. It was never able to fly because it was not allowed to force its way out of his cocoon. This act would have built the muscle required to fly. For us to fly we must overcome. It is in the overcoming that we find our power. Our troubles will seem more difficult because of how we approach them. If we can allow the knowledge that God in with us and will be with us through anything, then we are exercising our faith to build spiritual muscle to handle everything.
Cornerstone # 2: Keeping up the activity of prayer. There are many good prayers in the bible and in books that others have written. But nothing is more personal than speaking to your loving father directly and from your own heart. Praying from our own heart and using our own words help us to maintain a relationship that otherwise we will never find. Set aside a time to talk to God at least once per day, but there is no limit to the number of times we can call upon his name. He is closer than hands and feet.
Cornerstone # 3: Setting aside a time to listen for that still small voice that is within us. It is in our Spirit that we communicate with the spirit of God. While we are busy with the details of daily life, it is difficult to be still. Yet being still allows quietness and surrender. We don’t see the whole picture of anything, but God being omnipotent and omnipresent sees and knows everything. In partnership with God our answers will come clear
Cornerstone # 4: Living in Gratitude. In all things give thanks. This law is powerful because by obeying this law, regardless of the situation, we can know that the outcome will be for our good. “All things work together for good to them that trust God” Stay with this understanding; your life will change because from moment to moment you are building spiritual muscle. May the Force be with you!
God needs Me to shine Godlight as Faith!
For your listening pleasure: “O love that will not let me go!”
Consider the following This week; and…
Remember to keep your journal regarding what you are discovering about yourself.
Affirmations for the week:
1] I am one with all of Life and I stand on the Solid Rock of the conscious awareness that God is everywhere present supporting me.
2] I am surrendered to the will, the work and the way of Him that sent me.
3] I know that the activity of prayer gives me time to speak to my father so that I can make my wishes known. I pray daily.
4] I set aside a special time to be still, meditate and allow the spirit of God to connect with my spirit and guide me in the path that I should go.
5] Each time external things try to drag me off my course, I return to my peaceful center where God is always abiding.
6] The winds of change may come, the moments of grief may seem overwhelming, but when they come I seek the rock upon which I built my foundation.
7] The love that surrounds the house of my consciousness keeps me secure and loved at all times and one with all things and everyone.
Institute for Daily Living News for this week:
· Daily at the Institute we provide individuals with Professional Consultations regarding Natural Health and Building Wealth. Make an appointment for a free orientation on the services we provide: 305-655-9997
· Next Hopie’s Juice Club Meeting Saturday April 16, 2011. $5 per person covers registration and refreshments. 10:00 AM to 1 PM; You will receive 3 hours of free education on the following subjects: 1] Who is looking out for your health? 2] Plus Instruction and Demonstration on how to cook a wholesome meal that’s fit for a king in a short time. You will get to sample the results after the demonstration. Also you will have an opportunity to be a part of our studio audience as we broadcast live for the meeting; MyLifeForce – Renewed on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hopeproviders
· April 30, 2011 9:00 – 4:00 PM: “Listen so others will Speak; Speak so others will listen!” That will be the Listening Hearts Training conducted by Carol Hope, former trainer for the Listen to Children Program; Miami-Dade County Public Schools; 1991 – 1998. Lunch and Textbook are included in the price of $35.00. Persons who took the class on the 26th of March may audit this session for $9 and invite someone else to attend. Call right now to register: 305-655-9997 or 786-337-5965
· June 26-30, 2011 – Join us for a trip to Chicago and the CBOE. The Elite Options Trading Institute will be sponsoring a field trip to the place where Standardized Equity Options Trading began in 1973. Those that are leveraging the Stock Market with equity options will gain a wealth of education regarding how the market works, who are the market makers etc. For $1,995 the price includes return airfare from Ft Lauderdale, hotel accommodations, coach from the airport and back, 2 days of training at the CBOE. This price is less than half of what it would normally cost to do this, but we need a critical number of participants to keep that price. If this could serve you, be sure to contact us here at the Institute; 305-655-9997 Office or 786-337-5965 Cell.
· Win an expense paid trip to ROME, Italy. Visit the Institute to pick up your tickets or make arrangements to get them by mail. $5 each and 11 for the price of 10. Drawing will be done on September 30, 2011. Proceeds will benefit the Center for Family and Child Enrichment and the Friendship Games for people with Psychiatric Disabilities.
· Beautiful, multipurpose benches for sale at the Institute for $26. They were $65. Secure yours before supplies run out. 786-337-5965.
· Join us Sundays at 20295 NW 2nd Ave. Suite 100, Miami Gardens, Florida 33169 at 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM for Divine Love Celebrations. Lesson, Music, Fellowship, Lunch…
Share the blessings; forward this newsletter to friends & family!
Hire Carol Hope as a speaker for your next Event; Call 786-337-5965