Scripture for this week: EPH 6:10 “Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”
Message: Will You Finish Strong?
Good question! Will you? Our video this week will warm your heart because it is about a son who was unable to accomplish his dream because he was struck down in the middle of his race, and about a father who helped him complete the race because he know his son’s dream and saw his pain, and did what any loving father would do; help his son to finish strong.
Some years ago in the midst of deep stress, sickness, loss of income and many other challenges; too numerous to mention, I received a visit from a dear friend. He asked me: “How are you doing Carol?” And I answered him like this: “I am praying and moving my feet!”
So today I ask myself the same question and I reply…. “I am praying and moving my feet in the direction of my good. My good comes from God who created all things and will be with me always.”
A young man who had just lost his job, [and in these times that scenario is very common] decided he would dress up anyway and go to work to find another job. He penny-pinched his last paycheck so he could cover his lunch every day, and began volunteering in a firm of the same type as the one he had just left. “We have no openings at this time”, they had told him. But he replied, “I will volunteer till there is an opening”, No problem. He went to work immediately and worked so hard that quickly they saw his value and he was hired soon after he started his volunteer work. They saw in him his resolve to give a good day’s work even if there was no compensation. And although he did not know from where his good would come; he knew that it would come and all he had to do was show up and be consistent with walking in the direction of his good. He went on to become an executive in the company and led a very successful life thereafter.
Success does not always happen right away but life is a journey and some parts of the journey are very bumpy and perilous. But you cannot allow the bumps and peril to stop you for you can pray and move your feet in the direction of good. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” Bryan Tracy
How do you know if you are moving in the direction of your good? You are following the rules that make life work. This means: you are taking care of yourself, taking care of others, telling the truth, being respectful to others, giving more than you are expected to give, being grateful for life, listening for direction on how to fulfill your purpose, working on your goals, being creative and never, never, never giving up, regardless of how hard the circumstance may be …. However, what if you are going all those things and you still hit a wall? Here is an interesting story;
She had a fast-growing fibroid tumor, growing in her stomach. It started out the size of a golf ball and after about a year, it had grown to a size of 137 lbs. All the time she tried every angle to access insurance coverage but failed to obtain the coverage to do the operation she needed. She even failed to get disability coverage to receive the required operation. The tumor was so heavy she could not walk. She had to ride around in a cart with a shelf that a friend had given her; so she could rest the tumor on the shelf. Her frame was too small to carry it. She could no longer work. Even though she was low on money, she was denied the operation because it was not covered under the policy she had. The different agencies gave her the run around and told her that they had to deny her claim because that kind of disability is so rare that it is not covered in their list of things that are usually covered. She had reached a place of total desperation, praying every day for some breakthrough, but nothing seemed to work out. She could not understand why it appeared God had forgotten her. But she continued to pray.
One day she made her way into her kitchen to fix a sandwich. She had put the cutting board on the tumor and, in trying to cut tomato slices for the sandwich, she accidentally stabbed herself in the stomach with the knife she was using. Reaching for the phone she quickly called emergency and was soon wheeled into the hospital, still bleeding from the wound. It turns out the insurance did pay for emergencies and the tumor had to be removed to take care of the emergency. She got her operation and went on to the rest of her life without this burdensome and painful problem.
It is sad that because of bureaucracy and a seeming lack of human compassion, those in the greatest need, are sometimes left behind. The story tells us that we can’t always tell from where our good is going to come or in what form. The lesson is: To never, never, never give up hope; even if the situation is testing your last nerve and appears hopeless. For this woman, the solution of the problem came in a painful and unusual way. But it came.
Push on and persevere. You will finish strong!
God needs Me to shine Godlight as Perseverance!
The Epitome of Perseverance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJUVg5ntIx8
Consider the following This week; and…
Remember to keep your journal regarding what you are discovering about yourself.
Affirmations for the week:
1] I will never quit, because I know that the darkest hour is just before down.
2] Nothing can stand between me and my greatest good. God and I are one.
3] Darkness is only the absence of light, and as I focus on the light within, the darkness is dispelled.
4] No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper because I am securely anchored to the rock of my salvation.
5] I never have to defend myself against an enemy because the One who is able to see the whole picture will guide my feet in the way I should go. So I pray and I move my feet in the direction of my good.
6] My attitude influences the direction I take and shapes the outcomes that I achieve.
7] The best is yet to be. I move and live in the knowledge that my best life is unfolding, whatever the challenge.
Institute for Daily Living News for this week:
· Daily at the Institute we provide individuals with Professional Consultations regarding Natural Health and Building Wealth. Make an appointment for a free orientation on the services we provide: 305-655-9997
· Next Hopie’s Juice Club Meeting Saturday April 16, 2011. $5 per person covers registration and refreshments. 10:00 AM to 1 PM; You will receive 3 hours of free education on the following subjects: 1] Who is looking out for your health? 2] Plus Instruction and Demonstration on how to cook a wholesome meal that’s fit for a king in a short time. You will get to sample the results after the demonstration. Also you will have an opportunity to be a part of our studio audience as we broadcast live for the meeting; MyLifeForce – Renewed on http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hopeproviders
· April 30, 2011 9:00 – 4:00 PM: “Listen so others will Speak; Speak so others will listen!” That will be the Listening Hearts Training conducted by Carol Hope, former trainer for the Listen to Children Program; Miami-Dade County Public Schools; 1991 – 1998. Lunch and Textbook are included in the price of $35.00. Persons who took the class on the 26th of March may audit this session for $9 and invite someone else to attend. Call right now to register: 305-655-9997 or 786-337-5965
· Wednesday May 18, 2011: Attorney at Law; Sherna Spenser will present; “TRIAGE Your Life” from 7-9PM at the Institute. This program will focus on the importance of planning to protect your assets today, living wills and trusts that will carry out your wishes even if you are not around. The seminar will be presented free by the Institute, so be sure to use it to your advantage. Please register by calling the office: 305-655-9997 or Carol Hope at 786-337-5965
· June 26-30, 2011 – Join us for a trip to Chicago and the CBOE. The Elite Options Trading Institute will be sponsoring a field trip to the place where Standardized Equity Options Trading began in 1973. Those that are leveraging the Stock Market with equity options will gain a wealth of education regarding how the market works, who are the market makers etc. For $1,995 the price includes return airfare from Ft Lauderdale, hotel accommodations, coach from the airport and back, 2 days of training at the CBOE. This price is less than half of what it would normally cost to do this, but we need a critical number of participants to keep that price. If this could serve you, be sure to contact us here at the Institute; 305-655-9997 Office, or 786-337-5965 Cell.
· Win an expense paid trip to ROME, Italy. Visit the Institute to pick up your tickets or make arrangements to get them by mail. $5 each and 11 for the price of 10. Drawing will be done on September 30, 2011. Proceeds will benefit the Center for Family and Child Enrichment and the Friendship Games for people with Psychiatric Disabilities.
· Beautiful, multipurpose benches for sale at the Institute for $26. They were $65. Secure yours before supplies run out. 786-337-5965.
· Join us Sundays at 20295 NW 2nd Ave. Suite 100, Miami Gardens, Florida 33169 at 11:00 AM – 1:30 PM for Divine Love Celebrations. Lesson, Music, Fellowship, Lunch…
Share the blessings; forward this newsletter to friends & family!
Hire Carol Hope as the Speaker for your next Event!