Subscribe to Sara Webb Quest's free newsletter and get inspirational tidbits others are paying for, along with Sara's latest book news. Enter your email address then click 'sign me up!'
Newsletter Dated: 4/6/2004 11:30:55 AM
Subject: (Writing Life)
Okay, here is a "writing-life" update :)
1) The online school I manage, Suite University's Writing and Publishing School, is finally starting to make decent money. Talented instructors include Wendy Dunn, Sally Odgers, Janet Blaylock and others. Check-out the school at http://www.suite101.com/suiteu/school.cfm/15917
2) WRITER'S WEEKLY has bought an article of mine entitled "Profitable Online" that will appear in some two and a half months in its FREELANCE SUCCESS section. If you subscribe for free at www.writersweekly.com you’ll can read the article when it appears.
3) PRIME TIME has bought a short, original poem I wrote called “Miraculous Reflections” -- title conceived by my husband -- about our daughter but from a grandparent's perspective. It was inspired by a recent photo of her touching her reflection in the mirror, as photographed by my mom!
4) WOMAN'S WORLD photographed my mom, daughter and me for an article they initially accepted. It was a short memoir about Mother-Daughter Skip Day, a term my mom coined during days she and I would skip school / work to take road-trips. The editor now says she may or may not accept the piece.
5) The WRITERS WEEKLY article is about my new column -- "Firstwriter Authors.” “Firstwriter Authors” is an author-interview section in which first and second-time authors may pay a reasonable fee to fluff their books via a professional interview with me to be published indefinitely at http://www.firstwriter.com/reviews/. My cousin Stephanie Starr, MAXIMUM FITNESS'S Editor, read one of the interviews and was shocked I’m not receiving more compensation for them. She is currently trying to convince me to buy WRITERS MARKET and approach top-dollar publications.
6) Sally Odgers’ and my poetry book is almost complete. Subjects include imagination, sex / love, and life on opposite earthly ends (she in Australia, me in America). Sally's voice is strong, sensual, intimate, and I have had great pleasure learning from her expertise.
7) The Knowledge Barn's (MA day care where I work) Assistant Director Elly has been letting me produce monthly newsletters for the Infants and Ones rooms, which have been lots of fun.