Click here to Join
Stay connected to
your favorite Authors.
Do you believe in ghosts? Is reincarnation real? What is it like to receive visions from God? How would you handle it, if you received dire premonitions about family members and friends? Are UFO's visiting earth? Have you ever had a premonition while awake or in a dream? Do some people actually have ESP? Do we all have angels and/or spirit guides? What is it like living in a haunted house?
All these questions and more are topics of discussion in my Glimpses of the Paranormal newsletter. To get a free subscription, just e-mail me at marthajette.yahoo.com. I am interested in any stories you might have to share as well.
Newsletter Dated: 5/2/2005 12:48:54 PM
Subject: Glimpses of the Paranormal
I hope you are all well and enjoying the changing season. On my side of the world, spring has arrived, but I know that some of you are just entering the winter season. Whatever the weather, remember that life is a gift, so enjoy the present!
This week's article is taken from a chapter on Hauntings in my upcoming book: "Glimpses 2" It Could Happen To You! You know what they say!:
If It Sounds Too Good To Be True…..
“One hundred dollars a month! You must be kidding,” said Richard Sims. “What a bargain for a house trailer.”
The newly married gent was thrilled to find what he thought was quite a steal. However, this bargain unit came with one dire warning: it’s believed to be haunted.
“Hmmm….. Oh what the heck,” he thought. “It’s a great place for Juanita and me to live.”
The trailer was set up so that as you walked in the front door, you entered the living room. To the right was the kitchen – to the left a hallway. Half way down the hall was the bathroom and at the end, the bedroom, sectioned off by sliding wooden doors.
“We rented the trailer and moved in our stuff that same evening. We hadn’t acquired that much and the trailer being haunted didn’t bother us. We didn’t believe in ghosts or spooks.”
Everything seemed fine, until the couple retired to bed that first night.
“The lights in the living room started blinking off and on. Juanita asked me to get up and find out what was wrong.”
Richard headed toward the living room in his underwear. The first thing he noticed was that for a summer night, the room was ice cold and the hairs on the back of his neck stood straight up.
“It was as if some kind of electrical force was loose in the living room.”
Not wanting to upset his wife, Richard simply told her there must be an electrical short in the trailer and he’d check it out in the morning. The next day, he called on his brother-in-law, Lawrence, who was an electrician and asked him to come over.
“It sounds like you have some loose ground wires somewhere,” said Lawrence.
However, nothing wrong could be found. The copper wires and receptacles were just fine. But Richard would soon realize that the trailer was not. Later that day, he and Juanita sat down to dinner. Afterward, they snuggled up on the couch to watch some television. Darkness moved in once again. That’s when all hell broke loose. The bathroom light came on and then the sink came on by itself, blasting out water. But Richard remained cool.
“I went back and turned off the water in the sink and shut off the light.”
But he no sooner sat down again, than the chaos returned. The bathroom light went back on and this time, the bathtub taps turned on running full force. In his usual calm demeanor, Richard fetched a pipe wrench from his car and shut the water off completely at the water meter.
“After getting it shut off, Juanita and I went back inside and the water was running in the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and the bathtub too!”
Now this was just ridiculous. Richard’s parents dropped by the next day to see how they were getting on in their new home, but the news startled them. He showed them the turned-off meter and of course, they couldn’t miss the running water.
“My mother said, ‘You kids are coming up to our house and moving in, till you can find another place to live.’ But I told her we couldn’t move. We had already paid the rent for the month. Then my dad said, ‘Don’t worry about that. I’ll get your rent back for you!’”
Well, this was one really short pit stop on the road of life. Richard and Juanita moved straightaway. However, Richard kept track of the goings on at the trailer. It seems the landlord just couldn’t rent it out any more and eventually got rid of it. And Richard, who is now 48 years old, still can’t forget that harrowing experience.
“When I think back on that trailer, it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up!”
Are you still paying to advertise? Well, don't waste your hard-earned $$$$$$$. Jump on board and get people buzzing about your products or services!
1. Well, I guess the biggest news right now is that my third book, mentioned above, is just about ready for the publisher, who thank the Lord is anxiously waiting to receive it. Hopefully, I will be able to report that it is well on its way to being released next month. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
2. I will be moving as of July 1st, but it really is not a big deal. Presently, I am in a very nice one-bedroom basement apartment, but I will be moving to the main floor. It's exciting for me, as my baby Teeka (kitty cat) will have lots of big windows to look out from and my plants will be thanking me for all the sunlight. The main floor apartment is also significantly bigger, so I will have more space in which to meditate, write and paint. Whooooohoooooooo!!!
3. If you've got news to share, why not send me a note about it? That way, you can share it with everyone here in this newsletter. (No blatant advertising PLEASE!)
4. As some of you already know, I now have a new, professional web site that took me quite some time to set up. However, I love it and I hope you do too! Please take a few minutes to explore the site, because there is something of interest to everyone.
1. If you haven't visited Author's Den yet and you're a writer, you really should check it out. This site allows you to showcase your works FREE and even has a bookstore that you can add your books too for a small charge. Just use the link in this newsletter.
2. You all know by now that I have published a children's book called Talking To My Angel. If your children have angel visitors or even invisible friends, then this book is for you. Even if you don't, your child will enjoy this story of one little girl and her very own guardian angel.
3. If you're interested in contacting your own angels and changing your life forever, all you need to do is go to:
Many people are living their dreams and you can too! Once you know how to attract the people and things that you want in your life, you can make it happen. Find out more at:
1. Find out all about the famous haunted hearses owned by Destiny Tours of Australia:
2. Want something even scarier? Try International Ghost Hunters at: http://www.ghostweb.com
3. Want to hear the voices of spirits on tape? Go to: http://www.soundwaves2000.com/rense
4. If it's aliens your interested in, go to: http://nationalufocenter.com
One of the best programs I have run across in a very long time is The List Machine. We all know that it's great to have a web site and products or services to offer. However, if no one knows about it, you will have a difficult time making any kind of living on line. You need a list of hot prospects to send information to on a regular basis.
With the List Machine, you get that and it's FREE!
Check it out at:
That's it for now everyone. Have a wonderful May and I'll be back in June.
All the Best,
And happy haunting!