TO YOU, FROM ME, is a comprehensive look at C. A. Webb's activities within the Arts. It provides information to keep others abreast of events that C. A. Webb is participating in, as well as new projects. You may contact Webb at (601) 896.5616.
Newsletter Dated: 10/10/2006 3:01:13 AM
Subject: MS' Best Committee Announce Recipients of Special Awards
On Saturday, October 28, 2006 the Committee of the Mississippi's Best Awards will present several awards to those who they feel have made a difference in the state of Mississippi and for the people of Mississippi. Some of them are just finding out through this email. Though the majority of awards that will be given that night will be voted on by the people of the state, it was important that those who were in charge of the project this year to give special recognition to some of the individuals who are truly making the state a better place for all of us.
We congratulate all of the recipients as well as all Mississippians who strive daily to give the state their "best".
* "Margaret Webb Sims Creative Arts Award" --- Marshall Ramsey
* "MBA Lifetime Achievement Award" --- Morgan Freeman
* "Freeman King Award" --- Willie Mosley, Jr.
* "Hometown Hero Awards" --- John Grisham / Valencia Robinson / Tavis Smiley/ Deuce McAllister / Bobby Rush/ Maggie Wade / Duane Scott/ 3 Doors Down / Alice Tisdale / Miss Mississippi Taryn Foshee
* "Diamond in the Ruff Award" --- Minnie Holloway
* "Best of the Best Award" --- David Banner and Kamikaze
* "2006 Community Healers Award" --- Building Bridges Inc.
* "Most Likely to Succeed" --- Sydney Molare, author (female)/ William Michael Morgan,singer (male)
And now to our November 2006 Mississippi's Best Awards Hometown Hero for November 2006.
The person we have chosen is someone who is not only a lover of the arts, but who truly has a love for people. She is, in my opinion, someone who has allowed the power of words to become a part of her life and the desire to share them is a fire that burns deep within her...
It is with great pride that I announce that our Hometown Hero for November 2006 is... RICHELLE PUTNAM.
For more information on Richelle, read my Clarion Ledger article with her here copy and paste into the browser:
You can read the entire entire that appeared in CONVERSATIONS magazine here copy and paste:
The award will be presented by our October 2006 recipient WILLIAM MICHAEL MORGAN and the event's Founder.
More details can be found about the Mississippi's Best Awards Project by visiting www.shadowplayent.com and www.free2flow.com.
Enjoy your day. Enjoy your life. Enjoy Mississippi.