I send out a newsletter every month or two that tells my friends, colleagues, and readers what's going on in my life. Sometimes I include a short recent piece of verse or prose as well. I'm phasing out this AuthorsDen account, however, so I suggest that you sign up for my blog at: www.LitBoy.com.
Thanks for visiting my page, and I hope we can stay in touch!
Newsletter Dated: 5/28/2007 10:58:56 PM
Subject: Bill Brent's email newsletter, 2007.05.29: I'm on the radio today.
(1) Between 2 and 3 p.m. Pacific time, I will be discussing my book on Internet radio:
...then click on the big "Listen Live" button.
- I think there is a chat room and they may allow on-the-air questions via the chat.
Which book, you ask?
THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ANAL SEX FOR MEN (Cleis Press, 2002.) Read all about it!
This show is mainly for the hets, I think, so it'll be a bit different than the gay audience interviews I've done.
(Secretly, I'm a little nervous about doing a radio show again, especially a whole hour's worth, since it has been a while, but I'm sure it will be fun. Maybe I'm a bit shy from living in the Hawaiian woods and talking mostly to the birds, ha ha ha.)
Ann Sanders, the host, tells me that once the show is taped and archived, you can listen to it by clicking on the "Archives" button. It looks like it will take two or there weeks to appear in the archives. Once it is there, I will post a link to the program at:
- - - - -
(2) I've added a few posts this month at:
Actually, LitBoy.com is the best place to stay abreast of what I am up to. Usually that's the first place I post about anything new, and there are several options for you to stay notified. (For instance, there's a note on my Google calendar at LitBoy.com regarding my radio appearance. It just takes me a while longer to tap out these newsletters.)
However, I'm not doing scads of posting at LitBoy right now, because I am working like a fiend on two separate novels (as of today one is up to 62K words, and the other is around 12K), plus a new crop of shorter work.
- - - - -
(3) Also, I've resuscitated my old iBook (the one I lost for a while a few years back), so I've been moving my older essays and fiction over to my Windows computer and renaming things. Finally, all will be in one place! And easy to find! That's the first step toward getting a book publishing deal for some of that shorter work.
Meanwhile, I'll be posting some of the newer and older stuff at LitBoy.com about once a week for the next little while.
- - - - -
(4) Oh, and this is just plain funny:
(onboard the NYC subway system, I think....)
- - - - -
(5) By the way, thanks to all who sent in kissing photos recently. It was great to reconnect with you online.
To everyone, thanks for tuning in, and I'll write again soon.
Wishing you a beautiful day,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
obligatory deep thought .sig. :
Whenever you can meet your goals and have fun while you are doing it, then you are living in Paradise.
-- Bill Brent, 5/22/2007, 4:30 p.m.