Taken For Granted
There are so many things that I sometimes take for granted. Below is sort of a top ten list. Though there are probably many more that could be listed…I just needed to remind myself to be ever more thankful in all things.
10. Freedom; the liberty to enjoy all things mentioned below without fear of reprisal.
9. Friends; sometimes lost in the shuffle, but never forgotten. Always there and always right on time.
8. Touch; I think but to feel the softness of a newborns skin; the gentle petals which grow on a flowing bush; the silky feel of Leah’s hair just after its brushed.
7. Hearing; I but think of a silent ocean, I but ponder a birds sweet call and I relish the sounds of it all.
6. Sight; Oh precious sight, a most wonderful gift, ah but to see the wonderment in a child’s eye; to take in the colors of a painted sky.
5. Nature; God’s gift to man. Oh gentle streams, and painted fields; golden sunsets forever real.
4. Health; Something so essential yet it is often overlooked until it is with us no more.
3. Love; this emotion is the foundation for all things good and right. For God so loved the world…
2. Life; for without life, this most precious gift the other nine would have no meaning.
And for number one on the list that should nevr be taken for granted……
1. God; for without Him there is nothing, for all things were created by Him & for Him. (Colossians 1:16)
J. Allen Wilson © 4/2008