Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
creating a storm
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, April 13, 2004
Not rated by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
alizarin purple clouds
roil against burnt umber skies
tinged with hints of thalo green
creating a violent backdrop
to intense titanium flashes
of magnesium white lightning
signing each fear inducing
cadmium red thunderclap
releasing great gusts of
ivory blackened wind that is
muted by graying shades of rain--
a storm has been born.
(C) Copy written, 2004, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by M.Bennett Hooper (Mikii)
|so colorful, so vivid and so beautiful Karla. HUGS>>>>>>>>Mikii|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I can just see the colors as I read this terrific poem! Very nice and beautiful write, Karla; enjoyed emmensely! Thanks for the sharing!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Beautiful well written piece Karla!!
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Loved this creative and unique write, Karla! Feels to me more like a storm in an inventor's lab - a la Magician's Nephew: hubble bubble, etc! - rather than a real outdoor show... dramatic, anyhow. KB|
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Well written clever the way you add the hues so subtle, that they melt in to the whole piece of art. Magical..|
|Reviewed by Sarah Tagert
|loved reading this|
|Reviewed by Lady Peg (Reader)
|beautiful~~~~~~~~~~~Just Beautiful the visuals.....|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|A beautiful storm.|
|Reviewed by William J. Cryer (Reader)
|This is nice...the images are awesome!|
|Reviewed by Gwen Dickerson
|Wow, Karla, this is awesome! Great descriptions! Your poem took me back to my old art school days! Made me wanna get out my paints and brushes and create a painting as you've prescribed. I THINK I WILL! Thanks!|
|Reviewed by Floria Kelderhouse (Reader)
|A most colorful storm Karla...I felt
I was looking into my paint box...
|Reviewed by Robert Blackwell (Reader)
|Beautiful imagery, Karla!|
|Reviewed by Kevin Mc Crum (Reader)
|Fabulous creation. Very much enjoyed this colorful symphony!|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
Powerful poem, keep it up...