Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
A Poet's Greatest Fear (Challenge)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
In four lines, as a Poet, what is your greatest fear? It would be cool if it rhymes. :-)
"A POET'S GREATEST FEAR"
I've managed to write myself into a corner.
The door is over there! And I am over here!
The ink is still wet and the page is slippery.
Getting stuck in a rut.........................................
......................................a Poet's greatest fear.
(C) Copy written, 16 February, 2005, by Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Silent Dream
|I love this challenge idea and how you expressed your take on it ;) Very visual, fun and so true!
((Hugs and LOve)) ~SilentDream
|Reviewed by Nordette Adams
|Cool write, Karla. I'll have to think on this one.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Forget Andy, I live closer and am cuter for a cruise...LOL! Ed|
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|I understand this fear! You are brave to expose yours :-)|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Karla you are do cool! you'll never be in a corner!
Nothing to fear but fear itself
fear only puts you on a shelf
it doesn't bring you any pelf
it may even make of you an elf
|Reviewed by Karen Chalfant (Reader)
|I may write myself into a corner but I'll get out! Cool poem, Karla!|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
A great write as always
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|Fear Is Only Fear In Itself--I Can Teach But I Cannot Reach You,i.e.
You Still Have Not Called Yahooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (Undeliverable E Mails To You)Or Given Me Address Where To Send Health Chants--
I Guess You Like Getten Stuck In (Pain) Corner -Huh!
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Hey if I come and pull you outta that rut, can I come on the cruise, can i huh huh.
Love your wit brit pal..xxx
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Hmmmmmmmmm. Interesting challenge. My greatest fear is having people laughing at me or my ability to write poetry. I don't think I'm good at it, at all. Now, YOU...YOU ROCK! LOL Excellent, excellent write.
Wrote yourself into a corner, eh? As claustrophobic as you are?? LOLOLOL!! Well done--brava! :)
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|Well then you just get yourself out of that rut. I find that when I do this to go and do something else.|
|Reviewed by A PAX
my writing is for fun, so I don't fret about it, unless I have lots of lines running round my brain, and I don't have the opportunity to write them down, but that is more of frustration, or like being on a sugar high.....lol very antsey..(sp?)
Fear.....life stuff, my loved ones safety, my relationship, my daughter's social life lol.......hum.....driving in the snow, down my mountain...
oh boy, didn't realize how paranoid I am lololol
Now I have to think.........
I just may give this one a try