Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Beat the Streets
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Monday, April 17, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
New record high set at DFW: 101 degrees. Hottest April day ever. More heat tomorrow, then a cool front will bring temps back down to seasonal normals (mid to upper 70s), along with a chance of much needed rain.
puddl'ling into a
gelatinous lump of flesh sans
bone, limp as a rag
on this scorching hot
day, melting into the pavement
as the sun beats down,
down upon my head,
lungs exhaling precious moisture
into the desert-
dry air surrounding
me, i walk home from work ...
gives me no choice but
to beat the street with my feet ... in
all kinds of weather.
hot ... cold ... it doesn't
matter; gotta do what you have
to do in order
to survive. doesn't mean
i have to like it ... i really
do hate days like this.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Birgit and Roger Pratcher
|Seems as if you only get the extremes, sounds just as bad as the storms. We hope that you'll get a break soon and can just enjoy a nice, mild day!
Birgit and Roger
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Sounds like a hot place to be!!
Cold an rainy here!!
|Reviewed by jude forese
|wow! i must remember never to transfer to Texas ..|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I dont blame you Karla...I'd send you some of our cooler weather if I could;)
|Reviewed by Suzie Palmer
|Yes dear Karla!
The weather patterns are changing! Here too in Oz of course! The heat and humidity simply won't let up! Global warming is here! We all MUST reduce the use of fossil fuel or....
A great real life poem Karla!!
Thank you for sharing!!
Love & We're all in together
Suzie xox :-D
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Me Too Karla!! The weather gurus are predicting a hotter season than normal. Dammit!!! I hate the heat and I really hate the humidity more. Love the graphic. Put your feet up and chill.
Love and peace!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Welcome to Texas. LOL At least I am beatin' the streets with you! Very well done; brava! (Can't wait til fall or winter! LOL Winter...WHAT winter?? LOL)
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Just think, you have the dog days of summer coming up. Sorry, should have mention that, eh? I understand where you are coming from, yep, been there, done that. So what? you scream, that ain't helping me!|
|Reviewed by Crystal Silver Angel (Reader)
|I live in Columbia, TN and it was like an oven today.God get us through till fall, lol...|
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
|Get Ready For Worst Of More Of The Same,i.e. Buy a Gun....
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
When the going gets tough...the tough get going !