Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
1st of the Month
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
:) Too bad my first of the month doesn't last past the second. :) Oh, well........
No matter the weather
inside the heart it is
It's the first of the month,
have money in pocket;
moment, they feel/are rich -
worried about bills or
very good day, today.
(c) 2006, Karla Dorman. (10/5)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by A Serviceable Villain
Always written from your heart . . . always exceptional!!
|Reviewed by Axilea MU
|Simple and to the point. Life is also made of precise moments, of living in the present.
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|I love your attitude, Karla. Thanks for this. Love and peace to you,
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Drives one bonkers, doesn't it? I am so sorry you have to go through this! Very well penned poem!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :(
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
I often wondered why they say money burns a hole in ones pocket.
Half the time it never gets that far. Good one my friend.
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
|So true ..Karla
I worry about no bills
let the bills worry about me
Love & Peace
|Reviewed by jude forese
|i get paid bi-monthly, so i go through this twice a month ;)|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Reviewed by P. Michaels
|I can identify with this one, Karla. That first of the month income doesn't cover it all. Does it? Life is just one big struggle. Two incomes would help, right? We have to just keep on thinking that its 'very good day, today' and be thankful for what we have, right? I enjoyed your poem.
Best wishes and prayers.
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla my first does not last long enough with rent, and bills, but it is true for a moment we are allowed to feel rich, and I thank God that despite the struggles I have a place to rest my head at night, and I am rich in not the montetary sense but in what really matters
|Reviewed by H. Lena Jones
|Cute, Karla! :)
|Reviewed by Joyce Bowling
|Cute poem...very true...I think we can all relate.
|Reviewed by J M
|A cheerful attitude makes one feel every day good wether or weather not...
|Reviewed by Myrna Badgerow
|I get to wait until the third Wednesday...lol Sure doesn't last long...
|Reviewed by Peter Paton
It's a never ending cycle
Try the Powerball, you might strike it Lucky !!
|Reviewed by Victor Buhagiar (Reader)
|Are we all living from hand to mouth? You bet we are. Lovely poem, Victor|
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|First of the month a ray of hope shining in the heart of the AD. Your brother in Africa|
|Reviewed by CJ Heck
|This is a fun poem, Karla -- you've kinda summed it up for most of us on the planet (giggling).
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|So true to the bone this one is, it is such a nice feeling when the bills are paid and you look into your account and say yea there is even a few dollars left for me.
|Reviewed by Andre Bendavi ben-YEHU
Mind's striking composition... "1st of the Month" glows.
Helathy long creative life, Poet.
Andre Emmanuel Bendavi ben-YEHU
|Reviewed by richard cederberg
|And I am glad to hear this positive declaration dear Karla.
It's like I always say: "Before the paycheck arrives, it's already spent."
I am sincerely glad that this is a good day for you.
Richard Lloyd Cederberg
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|lol....mine only last for one day too...and after the bills are paid I am deeper into the red!!