Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
A Really Bad Day At Work*
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, June 11, 2002
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
It all began when I woke up, got out of bed,
I tripped over my feet, fell, then bumped my dang head--
Sat there, crying, with tears streaming out of my eyes,
Thought, "What *ELSE* can happen, what other surprise?"
Then, "I had better not ask that, or there will be trouble--
It just doesn't hit me once, it hits me double!!"
I got up, took a bath, and got ready for work,
When I arrived, the boss treated me like a jerk...
The truck was running behind, I couldn't clock in,
Then dang it, he had me running errands for him--
Off the clock, mind you, I'm not getting paid for this!
Don't say nothing, like usual, show cowardice.
The truck finally comes, I punch the old time clock,
Think, "As much as I work here, I ought to own stock!"
Boss picks that time to walk by, I give him a grin...
(I'd really LOVE to say just what I think of him!!!!)
Unloading the truck, hit my head on the dolly...
(I sure said a lot more than "good golly golly!!!!")
Then wouldn't you just know it, my help called in sick--
Got slammed, me running around like a lunatic--
All day--didn't slow down like it usually does...
By then my anger was rising, like bees abuzz...
Then my boss asked me if I would please stay
Wanted to say, "Goodbye--so long, Alligator!!"
*A *FICTIONAL* poem of a bad day at work.
They've been bad, but fortunately, never this
bad (although one or two have been CLOSE).
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|work is just that: WORK. not ALL days are gonna' be great, sweetie, trust me; i've had some whamdoodles myself! but god got us through those days, and we hope to have more great days than bad! at least we are workin' folks; too many don't have jobs! love, your twin, and workin' pardner, karen lynn. ((((HUGS)))) :)|
|Reviewed by Sandy Forbes
|Very descriptive. . . good explicatory skills!|
|Reviewed by M Wood
|Bad days come and go but the memories remain. Work gets so in the way of a creative mind. Good write|
|Reviewed by Amor Sabor
|Thank goodness it isn't real...but how many times have we had bad days and when we to think about it..it draws attention to them amplifying whatever little thing goes wrong. Those days when they do go wrong probably aren't even noticed or counted when we start the day off right and in good spirits where nothing can ruin them. I hope you have lots of the latter.|
|Reviewed by Larry Skahill (Reader)
|we've all been there..|
|Reviewed by Cathy Montgomery (Reader)
|I am so glad that this is fictional! What a day!! Great writing...|