Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Afraid?!? Who, ME???
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, March 25, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
A friend sent me this pic through e-mail; I love it!
A quote from Robin Williams, from the movie "Robots," comes to mind:
"I know, in my case, it's a rare metal. It's called Afraidium. It's yellow; tastes like chick-en. Ba-GAWWWWK!" LOL (I love that quote.)
...When life gets to be too much,
when its terrors approach on four paws
and wagging tail, in drooling tongue
and inquisitive nose, fur yourself up
and H I S S S S S !! for all you are worth:
it may not help the situation, but perhaps it
might convince the terror to leave you
alone (and make you feel better, too!).
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (3/25)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Linda Hill
What an adorable picture! I love it and the poem!
|Reviewed by Daring Sunshine
|PPPPPPPPPPPoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Isn't that one of your favorite words? This is a precious picture and a humor everyone can appreciate!
|Reviewed by Steve Ralph
|love the picture and the poem thanks
|Reviewed by Zahala San Simone
|What a sweet piece, and a lovely pic--Truly inspiring!
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Awwwwww...what adorable picture....just gotta LOVE it!!
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
Excellent advice and don't forget to ROAR!!!!
|Reviewed by Jibril Mohamed
|I've taken a deep breath when I' read this. It is wise to reflect on the good things in life.
Thank you very much Karla.
|Reviewed by CJ Heck
|This advice is timeless, Karla -- if we could only remember to apply it when needed, right? Very well done, my friend, and a precious picture above, too!
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Robin Williams + Billy Crystal a riot!!!!!!!!! Love them until my belly aches by laughing so much.
Afraid? who, me? reminds me when I was little as that kitten, I did hissed a lot and terror did let me alone.
Great, girl, just great!!!
|Reviewed by Ch'erie de Perrot
|Yes the art of bluff is quite good at times, if it dosent look like working.....RUN LOL, loved this Karla. TY hon, Ch'erie|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Je t'embrasse. Enough said. (But it is a lot said.) Love you. Take care.
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|Awwwwwww! Karla, where did you get this terriffic picture? How absolutely adorable!!!!!! Looks like a remake of David and Goliath!!
That's right, you HISSSSSSSSSS all you want if it makes you feel brave and tough! Beautiful!
|Reviewed by Evelyn Simon
|This was so cute. I'm feeling better already. :o)|
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|Karla, this is so cute! I will have to try this hissing thing!
You have a great sense of humor--and bravado!
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
Its call a bluff
cute loved it
Love & peace
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|I received a message from the cat kingdom a long time ago; I won't cross a cats path and they (all the cats in the world) will consider me persona non gratis.
Good pen...pics fun to
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Good advice and I think you just may be right on this track.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
"Hiss for all your worth"...what a great line! LOL It fits the nature of the picture "purr"fectly; and that TAIL....LOL That is one hissed off kitty! LOL LOVE it, LOVE it, LOOOOOOOOOVE it! (and YOU, too, of course! :) ) Very well done; thanks for the smiles! BRAVA!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :D
And best of all: NO HISSES! ONLY kisses! (And purrrrrs! :) )
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Lol this is just to cute, thank you for sharing this write with us, keep it up and be blessed