Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
what thanks do i get? (work frustrations)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, July 13, 2002
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
For The Challenger Seven: 27 Years Later © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,235
can i go
home and cry?
one of those
days at work...
though i'm not
at least i
showed up and
tried to do
the best job
of course, it's
in to say
that they're sick...
i'm sick of
i still go
can't they?? i'd
*love* to have
a weekend off,
where i could
the day. no--
have to work.
we were so
it was so
place this week
here in town,
so we've been
lot of kids,
it was wild.
that the boss
left me in
charge so he
could run some
was gone for
what thanks do
i get? not
a darn thing.
does he ask
me to stay?
he knows he
on me. this
one day i'm
tell him "NO!!"
i'm sorry to whine...it was a bad
day at work, needed to get this
off my chest.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by M Wood
|Karla, let it out, let it all out. You are not defined by the mudaness of your job. You are much appreciated in this space.|
|Reviewed by Lori Moore
|Glad I work for family... you are a exceptional employee and a wonderful poet.|
|Reviewed by Masarat Daud (Reader)
|Don't worry hun, we all have to whine once in a while to just take off the burden. I was doin that just yesterday...sighs. Please feel better and try being more assertive. I hate bosses bossing. I mean, they don't own you. Stay kewl hun!|
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|Karla! I agree with Jay. Your boss have a a lot of confidence in you. Hang in there. Great boss are hard to find.
I have recently found one. In my opinion he's the greatest, and I will do anything to keep the shop going for him.
Great write, but if it makes you feel better, then take a couple of days off too when the others are back. Just remember, your boss is not responsible for your co-workers' irresponsibilities. Each person must account for his/her own action and its consquence.
Nice thought-provoking piece!!!!!
Sandie Angel :o) / May Lu $*_*$
|Reviewed by Cathy Montgomery (Reader)
|Glad you got it off your chest! I second what josie said...|
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
|LOL there's not but one thing worse than being the one they can depend on all the time,,and that's being the boss looking for somebody you can depend on all the time! But it was good you got it off your chest. Lisa|
|Reviewed by Josephine Bohen
|let it out karla, remember what goes around comes around. trust me, you'll be repayed for your hardwork and loyalty...