Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
... watched as he faded from view ...
Image (c) 2005, Karla Dorman
... I had to let him go. He said it
was time to find
himself. He had to find his way.
And so, with a
sadness in my heart, I released
his hand ... and
watched as he faded from view
into the dusk,
until my straining eyes could see
him no more.
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (12/11)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Very beautiful Karla...and a moment every parent must face.|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Deep thoughts Karla. Keep it up.|
|Reviewed by Randall Barfield
|Indeed, it is beautiful. Cheers|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|This is beautiful Karla both poem and pic
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|The backdrop of freedom is a sunset here. What a beautiful place to give love free flight.
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|beautiful! my granddaughter and i were seeing the shapes in clouds just this morning on my way to work-|
|Reviewed by Amber Moonstone
|What a touching poem , Karla, and the picture, beautiful.
Peace, Love, and Light,
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|A comparisont hat any parent can feel and fell a tear in the eye as they read. Letting go of anything of beauty is difficult.
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|A beautiful metaphor in a splendid poem!
|Reviewed by Charlie
|...but he too makes a pretty bowl of gravy... Beautiful! --Charlie|
|Reviewed by R Beeman
|on the horizon of blessings your pen stroked a gem and an all too real sequence within many lives and loves.
blessings to you K.
|Reviewed by Sage Sweetwater
|...your quill has met with zenith, Karla.
|Reviewed by LadyJtalks LadyJzTalkZone (Reader)
|The bitter sweet moment in a parents life well captured in your write. Lady J|
|Reviewed by Joseph* OneLight*®
|And the sun sang...
Goodnight, dear Karla, goodnight
I'll wake you with my light.
The dreams I have for you
Will sparkle like morning dew.
Love & Light always and in all ways,
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Soul touching....well done!!
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Sad. Soul-touching. I can relate. Love and blessings to you, Karla.
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|LOVE IT!!! Mighty swoons from this side of the Pond... I had to let him go hours' ago, but he left with a blush! :)) xx|
|Reviewed by John Leko
|...this is beautiful pen...and what becomes great poetry.
I love this write...
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|This is indeed absolutely beautiful Karla , thank you for sharing.
Newfie Hugs are coming your way, Rose
|Reviewed by Rebecca Lerwill
|Meaningful depth well penned!
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|Karla, very moving,,,,as your photo,, nothing is ever the same each day, we all wake up to a new day.
|Reviewed by ~ Holly Harbridge (Reader)
|I agrree with Jerry, this is one of your best! Love Holly|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Brilliant image and verse, Karla; a perfect package of sheer excellence! BRAVA!!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twink, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Walt Hardester
|Brilliant metaphorical poetry here Karla.
Like Ed said, He'll be back...just look the other way in the morning.
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|But hopefully, he will be back!|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Karla, this is one of the best poems you have ever penned that I have read. It is just magnificent and your wordplay with the title is outstanding . . . Stand. Take a bow. Clap. Clap.|