Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
disabled by attitudes
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Wednesday, July 31, 2002
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
the trappings of the disabled
who can't walk normally
what the disabled face
every day of their lives
what about those with invisible disabilitis
the ones we can't see on the outside
they have it even worse...
attitudes that they can't do--
attitudes that they shouldn't--
attitudes that keep them down--
attitudes that keep them hidden--
let's all stop the attitudes and let them try
to live as normal a life as you or i
stop telling them they can't do it, 'cause they can
they'll prove to you that they're just like us--HUMAN
they can do anything, just give them a chance
by knowing them, our lives are enriched, enhanced
they just want to be treated with dignity
because it could happen to you suddenly
then you would see what it is they have to face
the barriers, the attitudes, have no place
thanks, dreamweaver, for reminding me
of the people with invisible disabilities
i didn't mean to exclude them...so i've
updated this just for you! :) and them!!!!
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Katy Walsvik
|I work with deaf and speech disabled folks..so they can communicate with others.. believe me, some days I think the world has gone mad with rudeness! your poem should help to wake them up! beautifully and sensitively said, Karla. thanks.katy.xx|
|Reviewed by Jenni Kalicharan
|Great write and message...............
|Reviewed by - - - - - TRASK
The Shoe (Indignity) Soon Does Fit On The Other Foot!
|Reviewed by M Wood
|Whether you think you can or you can't your right.|
|Reviewed by Theresa Koch
|Reviewed by Ed Lupinacci (Reader)
|I think you know how deep this touches me
its is profoundly written. and i can't agree more with the message.
Thank you Karla
|Reviewed by Dens Dreamweaver (Reader)
|Well this disabled person says Kudo
s to you.. This is so right on. Not only for the visible disabilities but the invisible ones. LOL most who know me know better than to tell me I can't do something because I have a hard time walking away from a challenge. <smile> Anyways, I am rambling. Sorry.
|Reviewed by Gumby Pokey (Reader)
I salute you it is nice to know that there are others out there who feel the same way.
and you really did them proud with this absolutly wonderful write..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|Reviewed by Lisa Hilbers
|Karla, Thank you,,,I will keep this write in my mind next time me and my crutches are trying to maneuver through the streets. And know that I have a supporter out there somewhere. Lisa|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|powerful words that all should have to read; powerful, emotion-filled write!! you have my support!! i know exactly what you are going through, and i am with you all the way!! let us both do our part and change people's minds about we disabled!! we CAN make a difference!! love, me.|