Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
19 Degrees of Separation
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
19 degrees in Burleson (should be BRRleson), TX.
Going to be warm, compared to Thursday and Friday, with forecasted highs in the low to mid 20s and lows around 13 degrees.
Blood turns to ice at that thought. Wouldn't think I was a Yankee, once ... LOL!
Image (c) 2009, Karla Dorman (1/5)
... the sun struggles to heat up
the crystal blue plate of sky.
The ground protests my weight
upon its broken back with loud
crunching sounds. The breath
stalls in my nose, not wanting
to get out in the frigid morning
temperatures. Don't blame it.
Didn't want to, either. Would
rather be in, where it's warm ...
(c) 2009, Karla Dorman (1/5)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, cold weather never befriended me either -- it has been quite cold here in Delaware also -- mid to low thirties for daytime highs, about ten to fifteen degrees colder than the norm -- I am vacationing if Florida later this winter -- can't wait to get out of the frigid clime for while -- it is the global warming I guess? -- peace and love my friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|I can hear the cracking protest of the ice against the cold!
|Reviewed by Liana Margiva
|BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Liana Margiva|
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
I really enjoyed your descriptions in the first part. The second part made me laugh. Hugs,
|Reviewed by Andy Turner
|19 degrees wots dat in Celsius. We are snowed in for the first time in 30 years.
Never realised Texas got cold, you gotta find a hunk so he can chop you firewood.
Crunching snow, frost, ice is a delightful sound. Top poetry...
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Love the way you captured this one... especially the idea of giving human life characteristics to the earth and to breathe...well done indeed.
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Actually I do live where it's warm...in Los Angeles. And it's like summer here. The weather is gorgeous. But, I grew up in NY. Know the cold all too well. Glad I left. Love this line right here: "The ground protests my weight upon its broken back with loud crunching sounds."|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|awe-sounds almost as cold as here! well written|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I am going to stick with these Cali tempsr ight now, love the write though
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|You cold? ;-) (lol) Great write, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Carol Grace
|Great, great word picture. I have three words--dress in layers--three more syllables--stay inside.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Cute write, Karla; stay warm!! (And then there's me: "Bring it ON!" LOL) Well done; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your winter-lovin' twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Mid 20's sounds like Beach Weather to this Yankee! Can I send you some 20 Below??!!|
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Five o'clock this morning as I was walking my mutt in twenty-something degree weather I had a thought. Do I really need a dog? Twenty-something degree weather in the deep south will make you stop and wonder about things such as that. Good wordplay here . . .|
|Reviewed by Jeanette Cooper
|Wow! That picture looks mighty cold and your wonderful descriptions confirm it. I love the first stanza: cyrstal blue plate of sky, ground protests, crunching sounds. Nice pen, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Cindy Tuttle
|Loved this Karla!