Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Old Habits Die Hard
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
For The Challenger Seven: 27 Years Later © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,235
Computer croaked. :( Won't be online except at the library.
turned on the tv like i did
nine years ago. old habits
die hard. who knew what
happened would happen?
when the whole world stopped,
unable to peel its eyes
away from what was
unfolding before them?
unable to do anything,
except watch? i remember.
and it all began with turning
on the tv nine years ago today:
you'd think i'd learn ...
(c) 2010, Karla Dorman (9/11)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, it is a scene that will replay in the minds of all of us that witnessed those events unfold on the TV on that day in infamy. It will rewind and replay in our minds endlessly. The anguish is just as great today as it was then. A bitter pill that we can never swallow. Monumental tragedy is always that way. It exists by itself. May peace and love be with you my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
|Yes, I re-watched the footage, too, Karla, and it was heartbreaking all over again. Hugs,
|Reviewed by Rebecca Russell
|Excellent job, Karla. Rebecca|
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Well done, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Excellent work, Karla.|
|Reviewed by Christine Tsen
|So heartbreaking sad, and the only thing that helps tonight as I sit here is that I can imagine all of the angels that rushed to the sky to help that day.
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|I keep a journal Karla and everything is written in it by the family, We are on book 16 but we don't need to write this down as we will never forget the innocent lives lost that day.
Newfie Hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Hard hitting, and I will never forget!
peace and blessings, Carole~
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla, I will never forget
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Mary Lacey, Desertrat
Great rememberance of that awful date. And I'm sure a lot of people thinking about what they were doing when that happened.
|Reviewed by Swan Son
|The picture you painted with so few words -- extraordinary.
We will never forget. Susan
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|It would have been hard to forget, or ignore, even without a tv..........and no, we cannot forget.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I won't forget. I can't forget. God bless America again, and America: bless God!|
|Reviewed by Duke LaRance
|You said so much while using so few words. Good one!
duke larance -- the drugstore cowboy poet