Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Forever Young (For the Fallen and their Families)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, August 06, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
' ... They'll never age: forever young. ....'
My deepest condolences to the families and friends of the Fallen. I will not forget. :(
Image © 2010, Karla Dorman
This is as old as we'll ever know them.
They'll never age: forever young. My eyes
tear up, thinking of Blue Star families
waiting to hear if they have turned gold --- if
this was their son, their father, their loved one
that died today. Can't imagine the pain,
the anguish they must be going through. My
heart cracks open, thinking of the Fallen ---
what were the last thoughts that went through their minds?
Were they of home? What final words were on
their lips? I hope it was quick ... Heroes, all.
Too many have paid the ultimate price
Freedom demands: both the soldier and those
who love them. May we never forget. Their
service and sacrifice is paid in full.
© 2011, Karla Dorman (8/6)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Janice Springs Hamilton
|This touched me... a beautiful tribute to all the brave young men & women out there putting their lives on the line to keep us safe! Well written... peace and love! Janice Beaty Springs|
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|They are all that stand between our nation and tyranny and pain. May God bless them everyone. I bid you love and peace my dear friend. Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Just beautiful Karla, my heart and thoughts go out to the families and loved one of the fallen...well done!
|Reviewed by Michelle Mead
|Amen to that, Karla. This is a beautifully moving tribute. God bless our men and women and their families in service.|
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|So tender and touching, Karla. Yes, we need to remember and pray for these families. What a great price they have been asked to pay! This is beautiful.
|Reviewed by Sandie Angel
|A heartfelt write, Karla!! My heart goes out to those young soldiers and their families.
Sandie Angel :o(
|Reviewed by Joy Hale
|Your poem touched me deeply, Karla; you struck a cord that flows ever more in my veins and always will. If you have the time, there are two poems I have written that you might enjoy reading: "Daddy Has To Go Off To War" and my poem on "Freedom". I enjoy reading poems that others write about patriotism and freedom and I enjoyed your poem very much. Well penned; a good read.
Joy L. Hale
|Reviewed by Mark Lichterman
|Karla, your words and what they mean certainly touches my heart... very deeply.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Doesn't make any sense. The enemy gets away with murder and OUR soldiers get charged with war crimes or even killed! Heartshattering piece; may we never forget!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( +Tears!+
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Yes, Karla, may we never forget. =gene.|
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Excellent write, dear young lady...Ed|