Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Imagine (For Jori Lirette)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
For The Challenger Seven: 27 Years Later © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,235
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
Imagine: you, in a wheelchair. Seven
years old. Can't move or talk well, due
to cerebral palsy. Heart acting up.
Tube fed. Tethered by disability ----
Imagine: having a dad who gets tired
of taking care of you. The frustration of
not having a 'normal' son. Lost hopes,
dreams. The stares. The expense ----
A little boy in Louisiana doesn't have to
imagine. Bludgeoned. Decapitated.
Dismembered by his loving dad, left as
a present for his mother to find ----
all because he got tired of taking care
of him. And now, we get to take care of
dad. Clothe him. Feed him. Give him
medical care. What if we don't want to?
© 2011, Karla Dorman (816)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Sickening that any person can do this to a child, its just maddening!!!|
|Reviewed by Janice Springs Hamilton
|We live in a world that has lost its "rhythm"... we need to get it back, for the sake of our children! This is so unfortunate... well written! Peace and Love, Janice Beaty Springs|
|Reviewed by Karen Palumbo
|This is what happens when the justice system is set aside for the legal system. The weak pay the price, a sad legacy to leave behind as the guilty go free...
Be always safe,
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, a tragedy too often repeated in our nation and great even worse, followed by justice gone astray. You have grabbed the meat of this struggle and laid it out compassionately for us to wrestle with. I bid you love and peace my dear friend.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|It is a sad testimony to the laws that we have allowed to develop in the name of justice.
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|A tragedy compassionately re-told and with powerful points raised. Society is sadly inside-out and upside-down these days and the depths of violence that occur especially within the home leave me reeling. Things are no less bad over here. How does one live with such a family legacy? xx|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I have no words for this monster; he deserves to hang for what he did. Heartshattering write; no child, disabled or otherwise, deserves this! Such a senselses tragedy! Powerfully penned pain in your words; I can fully understand your anger towards this human piece of garbage!
((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( +Tears!+