Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
9/11 Redux: Ten Years Later
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, September 02, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
Random thoughts as we approach the ten year anniversary of September 11, 2001. Never forget.
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
needled onto my eyes
in permanent ink that
no laser can remove ---
has it been ten years? the
colors as fresh now as
they were when first applied ---
we all stood in line, held
out our hearts to be marked
by what hatred can do ---
forever tattooed by
what i saw, i weep as
i remember the pain.
i can't get them out of my
head, the fallen, the falling ---
which death would have been easier?
burn. or jump. or be crushed under
the weight of a 110-story building.
'All That Is Left Are Tears'
words fail to capture
the horrors i saw
eyes shocked into silence ...
heart shutter.stopped by
over and over.
all that is left are tears.
© 2011, Karla Dorman (9/2)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla well done here, a sad anniversary coming up to be sure
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|Karla, human tragedy fabricated by the black hearts of evil doers diminishes the spirit of all humankind -- this was such an event -- no good recollection will ever be forthcoming -- your sorrow flows from your heart in waves of ink, dark and foreboding -- you expressed the sorrows of our nation with passion -- I bid you peace and love my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by D Johnson
|Karla, these are all done so well...I don't think we will ever lose sight of that horrible day in history.
|Reviewed by Rafika Anderson
|First of all, Karla, what a beautiful photograph. I saw the "hands of God" in the clouds, which gave me hope for the healing of our people here and for those who were lost that fateful day. Your words are deftly rendered and hearken our hearts to heal. Thank you for sharing, Karla, and helping us to keep the memory alive. Write on.
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Karla you have said it for all of us. It will never be forgotten.
Newfie Hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Micki Peluso
|Karla, You could not have said it better and I was there first hand with loved ones and friends in peril, many lost--we must forgive but we must never forget. Thank you for expressing exactly how I feel. Fotr a story based on fact but fictionalized, check my stories and read "The Uneaten Meal".
|Reviewed by Sherry Heim
|I didn't want to read this because the title just stirred the ashes for me, but I did read it and it becomes so obvious that some images and emotions never, ever fade...the scar bleeds forever.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|It comes back on me like reflux...a lovely re-taste...e|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Well done Karla, you captured the thoughts of many no doubt, as a Canadian watching it that day on TV my heart bled for I knew the world as we knew it had forever changed and not for the better.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Powerful thoughts; well done, Karla! May we never forget! I know I can't or won't!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin sister, Karen Lynn. :( *Tears!*