Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Texas is Burning, Or: Lord, Have Mercy
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Over 180 fires have broken out this past week across Texas, killing four and destroying more than 1,000 homes. Right now, we are safe, but it only takes a spark ... PRAY FOR RAIN. :(
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
If I could blame it all on the weather,
these drought fueled fires smoking
our lungs, coloring our sun bloody,
closing their fingers around the
necks, chasing once dense green
foliage to other states, exhausting
firefighters to the point of paralysis,
I would. If only it were that simple ---
Texas is burning.
Man the stupid part of the equation:
carelessly tossing their butts out
of the window, setting a match to
state wide bans, laying waste to
acres of nerves watching, waiting,
preparing to flee at a moment's
notice, exposing the rest of us to
their foolishness and apathy ---
Lord, have mercy.
© 2011, Karla Dorman
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|I hope this nightmare has ended for you and Texas Karla -- I bid you love and peace my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Ch'erie de Perrot
|Well You know my stance on this situation Karla, even though I am now not residing In OZ where its as hot as texas...and burns equally as bad, I am with you in thought, prayers and spirit, HUGSZZZZ
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|xxx Love and prayers are with you, Karla. I feel this as even, in a small way, I can relate as the coastal heaths I inhabit are equally as vulnerable to the mindless acts of arson through negligent ignorance. Really taut and tense writing here. xx|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|really tough stuff-hope and pray for relief|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|My heart goes out to all those in Texas affected if not directly then also indirectly by the fires burning there. My prayers I add to those of all who reside in that wonderful state that I had the privalege of visiting not to long ago.
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|It is terrifying and all are in my prayers Karla.
Newfie Hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|God, hear our prayers ... God have mercy upon us here in Texas and other states who are in the same boat ... WE. NEED. RAIN!!
Heartbreaking poem; powerfully penned! Well written and imaged!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :( +Tears!+
|Reviewed by Janna Hill
|I hear you.
|Reviewed by John Flanagan
|Stay safe, Karla, please stay safe.