Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
A Photographer's Life
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
... Nothing is safe from the prying eye of my lens --- ...
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
Supposed to be a stormchaser. But
what if there are no storms to chase?
Flowers stand still long enough for me
to catch; dragonflies a bit trickier (as
are squirrels). Clouds will do, as will
the sun. Flags. An occasional bug.
Spits of rain. Nothing is safe from
the pying eye of my lens --- and if
there ever are any storms to chase,
you'll know where to find me, camera
in hand, trying to stall their forward
progress, one still shot at a time.
© 2011, Karla Dorman (9/24)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge Poetess Of The Heart
|Your photography is wonderful, a perfect compliment to your poetry.|
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|The eye of tghe camera: aka Karla. -gene.|
|Reviewed by Phyllis Jean Green
|Not only do you capture them beautifully with your camera, you
create beautiful poems with them! They linger in memory, enriching
our lives, because they titillate our senses and give us glimpses
of the huge heart, stalwart and faithful soul, and fertile mind of the one-and-only Stormspinner,aka, Texas's Karla Dorman!
I've missed you, my friend. Hope to keep in touch more!
|Reviewed by Jon Willey
|capturing life one instant at a time is an art form in itself -- the subjects many and varied the opportunities endless -- click the lens and a storm's fury is forever captured -- stop a butterfly in mid air --see the luminous smile of a small child forever available for inspiration -- Karla, a photographer's life, is a wonderful life -- I bid you love and peace my dear friend -- Jon Michael|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|wonderful--your photosare truly beautiful!|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|One is as great as the other Karla.
Newfie Hugs, Rose
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Great write Karla love it!!!
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Delightful poem, Karla, and the pic is magnificent! Well done; brava! (But one question: why didn't you mention ME?? LOL KIDDING!!)
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|The convenience and beauty of today's cameras is that we can now enjoy the creative pleasure that for years only professional photographers could enjoy. I love my Nikon and I am seldom seen without it though I drive my family nuts sometimes. lol