Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
North Central Texas, meet West Texas ...
Image © 2012, Karla Dorman
North Central Texas, meet West
Texas. Put 'er there, Pardner ---
not too often we get to meet face
to dusty face. No, I ain't seen
your hat. Looking for mine. Gone
with the wind? The sepia sky ---
no need to adjust the setting
on the camera to capture that
duststorm shade. Done for us,
courtesy of Ma Nature. Just
point and click, if you can see
anything through the haze.
© 2012, Karla Dorman (1/22)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Steve Ralph
|Excellent, I felt I should have had my chaps, spurs and stetson, on just to read it,
it brought to mind an old Marty Robbins song, "Dusty Winds", I loved that song, thanks for the memory and the poetry,
|Reviewed by jude forese
|you've pointed and clicked to reveal a clever poem ...|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|you've become a poetic weather reporter!;-) Very well done Karla!|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Kate Burnside
|Nice personification here, Karla! You should submit all your work to your local meteorology department! :)) xx|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Great poem Karla, so glad to see you posting again!
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|Drought brings dust storm daze. Welcome to Texas.
|Reviewed by Phyllis Jean Green
|How clever!! You took an ordinary dust storm and turned it into a unique and highly enjoyable creation. Holy Texas!!
Love this. So economical, and vivid. "Sepia" is a wonderful word, isn't it? Not sure why. Like peeking into the past, and the sounds
Thanks for the heads up via FBk. [Message on the way re my status there.]
Hope you've stopped sneezing and coughing. Makes me choke up thinkin' 'bout it.
Texas-size hugs & Carolina-sweet kisses,
|Reviewed by M.Bennett Hooper (Mikii)
|Texas sure ain't Ohio. Luvit and great pic. Peace, love, and blessings. Mikii|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Wonderful write Karla and that photo is great.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|This time for sure u can definitely keep that dust...as I have more than enough dust in my camper even though those dust picker-uppers & I are on a first name basis...don't be needin' no more...e|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Great poem and that picture is too cool! Well done, Karla!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
Love the Texas humor in this! LOL