Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
a rant--what i'd like for christmas
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Tuesday, December 17, 2002
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
tonight's our christmas party...i will be there
here's my wish list...does anyone even care?
one way the boss could give me some christmas
a nice raise would be nice...like sometime this year
another way that he could make me smile
hire help that will stay with me a while
am i that bad to work for? am i a bitch?
i didn't think so...i'm really not a witch
because i ask them to do something, they get sore
the job means getting ice, cleaning, other chores
i have to answer the phone, ring people up
why can't they get ice, clean, get glasses and cups?
have to stay near the register--that's my job
"one person per drawer" to handle the mobs
because hungry customers want the buffet
crud--three buses just pulled in, add to the fray
where's the boss? in his office, he's on the phone
hate being left up on the line, all alone--
i'm jack of all trades, but am master of none
usually enjoy my job, and have fun
but when i'm busy...and totally stressed out
i really could use the help...without a doubt!!
christmas is near, gift certificates i sell
food temps i take, many other jobs as well
checking off the truck another thing i do
a crew leader and trainer...that is me, too!
i can survive off the money i make...thank God
bills take most my pay...do you find that odd?
i only make seven dollars an hour
can i have a bonus? that's in his power!
my help quit--AGAIN. which means i was left
on the line (cashier area) all by myself...the
manager helped, when he was able...it was
pretty busy, i was starving, and needed a
smoke...no, have to stay on the line. then,
the evening help called in...had to stay lat-
er than usual. arrggghhhh...i want a raise!!
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Ed Lupinacci (Reader)
|Clean up on aisle 7
emotional mess needs a raise LOL
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge (Reader)
|Hope things improve, Sweetie. Have a good Christmas.|
|Reviewed by na na (Reader)
|Oh gosh Karla, another one of those days! And you deserve a raise honey. You really do. I wish I could kick him the butt and get you that raise. Doggone it. Cheer up Karla. I just know things will be different and better for both of us. Your friend. Bill Murray (((hugs)))|
|Reviewed by Amor Sabor
|Someone above us all sees everything and what we go through...I know it doesn't begin to help now, but soon and someday it will be added up and you shall be blessed in turn.
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I'll be praying that you get a raise Karla. In Christs Love
|Reviewed by The Voice (Reader)
Sorry you are having it rough at work. Sounds to me like you deserve a raise! Hang tough.
|Reviewed by Josephine Bohen
|hang tough kiddo and keep ranting.
|Reviewed by Lady Peg (Reader)
|This is so good and you can rant...
|Reviewed by James David Compton (Reader)
|Calgon....take me away!|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|sorry to hear you are going through this at work! if only... but you know how that will go..no help for you! the boss is such a yutz at times!! he doesn't have the good sense god gave a goose! but i hope we still have fun tonight! at least we don't have to roll silverware like we usually do on tuesday nights; tonight we are going to have FUN!! just enjoy yourself is all i ask! i don't like seeing you so sad! :( love, and ((((((((HUGS)))))))), your twin, karen lynn. >tears <|