Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
spotty dotty cat (the cheetah's race for survival)
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, August 01, 2003
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Sounds of Alaska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,275
why must you run so fast
spotty dotty cat
why don't you slow down
must you run like that
i've got to run
i'm running to survive
that's how i stay alive
there's prey to catch
my babies are hungry
there is no rest for me
my babies are not food
predators do not care
it's no wonder we're rare
i'm very endangered
i run to stay ahead
keeps me from being dead
that's why they run so fast
the lovely cheetah cat
cheetahs can't slow down
or they'll be gone...just. like. THAT.
(c) karla dorman, 2003
HELP SAVE THE ENDANGERED CHEETAH.
Fewer than 10,000 cheetahs remain in
the world; in the last 50 years, this
beautiful creature (which has been
clocked at speeds of over 60 miles an
hour for short distances) has become
EXTINCT in at least 13 countries.
To find out more about cheetahs:
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by David Knight
|With so many wildlife documentaries about we risk becoming desensitised.|
|Reviewed by Trish - The Trickster
|Terrific write...and links.|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|excellent piece karla!!
|Reviewed by Kay P Devenish
|You are really wonderful to do this excellent poem
every bit of information helps
to draw attention to the plight of the cheetah....well done and thank you for standing up and making this worthwhile statement.
|Reviewed by Jenni Kalicharan
|Thanks for the info and the great read..
Your island friend..
|Reviewed by L M (Reader)
|A sad situation.
|Reviewed by Ron (sketchman) Axelson
|Ashamed that this happens
Some day humans will be EXTINCT too.......
|Reviewed by Ted Sheridan (Reader)
|Reviewed by Kate Clifford
|Thanks for the info and the sharing. Wonderful write.|
|Reviewed by Ed Lupinacci (Reader)
|I never cheated in my life
Oh you mean the real cheeatah
great informative write someone should stop the slaughter
|Reviewed by Andy Turner (Reader)
|Well said, 10.000 oh dear(:|
|Reviewed by Christine Morell
|An excellent piece karla..very well done
|Reviewed by Carolyn Red Bear (The Bear Paw)
|Karla, this is so neat!!!!!! I love cats! Any size! I've always wanted my own lion....Thank you for this....
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|I love all animals and the cheetah is so special, I'm in awe of their speed and beauty! Great write Karla!|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|excellent observations of the cheetah's plight; we must do all we can to save this incredibly beautiful animal! outstanding write! (((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, karen lynn. :(|