· My Splendid Concubine, 3rd edition
· Running with the Enemy
· 26. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 26 of 26
· 25. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 25 of 26
· 24. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 24 of 26
· 23. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 23 of 26
· 22. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 4, Episode 22 of 26
· 21. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 21 of 26
· 20. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 20 of 26
· 19. Runing with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 19 of 26
· 18. Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 18 of 26
· 17, Running with the Enemy - Chapter 3, Episode 17 of 26
· It is Time – Relief for Victims of Lone-Wolf Killers such as James Holmes
· Living on the thin side of Black Ice
· Getting Oriented
· Learning to Love and Hate while teaching ESL in the Middle Kingdom
· The Release of The Concubine Saga is another Cheap Marketing Ploy
· The Story behind the National Debt
· Using Alchemy to Disarm Psychological Vampires
· Learning what Win-Win Really Means
· Review for Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
· In Defense of Tiger Mothers Everywhere
· The birth of a child called Prose
· The Luxury of Heartache
· Learning from Death
· Putting Cupid's Arrows on Ice
· The Never-Ending Book Promotion Blues
· Walking the Path of Dead Explorers
· LIttle No More
· News for “Running with the Enemy”
· A New World of Publishing
· Honorable Mention at 2013 San Francisco Book Festival
· Please support this vital Amazon.com petition
· Found Guilty because of Reckless and False Speech
· A Goodreads Giveaway for Runing with the Enemy
· News to Share December 2012
Lloyd Lofthouse, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Is it a jury pool, national lottery?
Woman sued Universal Studios
claiming she suffered
and emotional distress
due to visiting Universal Studios’
Halloween Horror Nights
which she said was
Rear-end bumper sticker.
“Go ahead make my day.
place hot coffee
between bare legs;
Up to $500K loan
for your lawsuit.
Get Cash in 48 Hrs.
OMAHA, Oct. 15 (UPI)
A Nebraska lawmaker says
he may appeal after Omaha judge
tossed his suit against
God because there was no evidence
the defendant had been served papers.
Data from A.M. Best says
spend $260.8 billion annually
investigating frivolous law suits.
$880 per person
in higher costs.
Man sued Providence Hospital
for $2 million
claiming the hospital
because it had not prevented him
from raping one of its patients.
One thing I know—
this topic isn’t
about the chemistry of cookies
walking into the warm kitchen
scent of mother’s
My Splendid Concubine
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
|Again, Lloyd, your fine talent has inspired passion and justifiable
rage. Of all the uncountable laws on the nation's books, you would think that we could find ONE that would heal the legal wounds suffered
by Linda and others in similar circumstances. What you have written here reinforces my disgust with the manipulated legal system. -gene.
|Reviewed by Linda Law
|Unfortunately these very stupid lawsuits ruin those that are truly legitimate. I spent 7 weeks of pain and absolute horror in a trial where I was alone with my atty and 3 expert witnesses...while the hospital, 9 doctors, 14 lawyers, and 9 experts were against my suit... My precious husband died unexpectedly...thru their neglect (we had 9 counts of negligence) and we proved them...but then....the jury was not of our peers..there were 3 medical ppl on the jury...the foreman later we found intimidated the 3 women who were fighting for my side...and even after we lost...and I had lived thru 7 weeks of horror every day seeing my precious husbands lifesize cardboard photo standing up in that courtroom..saw his beautiful heart beating thru their videos...and then losing.... 7 years after his death...when I lived thru his death over and over again... and then my atty, his office, and me rec'd "human excrement" in various containers thru the Fed mail....and letters from anonymous person (we believe to be the foreman of the jury, but cannot prove it)...we were threatened, and I was called a money grubber....a gold digger, and worse.... Yet, I was 64 yrs old, unemployed with little hope of finding another job...and I had lost my best friend and love of my life at age 56....and the doctors had lied to us....they passed the buck....and it was always "pointing the finger" to the next .... but I couldn't win in this environment where "frivolous" is such an easy name for people to label someone like me.... We lost our husband, father, brother and son....and no one paid...He was murdered by the medical system, then once again by the legal system... To boot...since I lost and could not pay the $40,000 appeal fees....I had no choice but to sign a release that I would not appeal....and then I had to pay for the jurors costs for those 7 weeks (people don't know that fact)...plus other incidentals....so...at the end of the day...I was also $10,000 in debt....and had to sell some personal items so I wouldn't have a lien against me....(I owned nothing but my car by this time)...but I had just signed for a book...and I didn't want this horrible experience plus the lien to hurt me later.... so... there are always two sides to every story..... and so for those who win k-jillions over idiotic lawsuits where the juries think it's great to let them win...people like me who lose their beloved partner of over 30 years to negligence....get nothing!!!! I almost committed suicide, but my children could not go thru more pain....so I am moving on...or at least...trying....but I will never trust the legal system again...or doctors who get away with murder because they have unlimited money...The jury was never told that they could have awarded me even basic settlement and they would have been covered by their insurance....they kept their jobs...which I never wanted them to lose...but I wanted someone to be held responsible and no one was...except my precious husband....he should not have died!!!!!!!!
So... guess you know this is a very sore subject with me.... lindalaw
|Reviewed by Elizabeth Hobbs
Some litigants have such a hide. Hopefully they'll get their come-uppance down the line. Cheers! Liz
|Reviewed by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Nutz, isn't it? I need money, but I'm not going that route. Dang lawyers. When they started advertizing, they became unethical.
(((HUGS))) and love, Karla.
|Reviewed by Juliet Waldron
|First thing we'll do--etc. etc. ;) Part of the reason our medical care in the US is so expensive. I lost a wonderful, competant Physician's Assistant I trusted over someone's frivolous suit.|