· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatments
· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatment
· Suicide Warfare: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon
· Women in Combat: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
· Women of Afghanistan in the Post-Taliban Era: How Lives Have Changed . . .
· Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Suicide Bombers
· Female Genital Mutilation: Legal, Cultural and Medical Issues
· The Cuban Family: Custom and Change in an Era of Hardship
· Paternity and American Law
· A Woman Confesses: It's Never Too Late For Lessons In Love -- And LifeLessons in Love and Life
· Sage Book Chapter: Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Genital Mutilation
· Terrorist Attack & Natural Disaster Preparedness
· Susan Cook-Jahme, AuthorsDen, Newsletter Review
· Warren V. Keller: A Visit to His Roots
· Properly Trained Servicewomen Can Overcome Physical Shortcomings
· Overturning Paternity
· Sexual Harassment
· Soviet-Afghan War (1979-1989)
· The "Dear John": Rosemarie Keller Skaine to Bob Trentz
· He Does Me Wrong Song
· Iíll Remember You
· Little Girl, Little Girl
· We Live
· I Am Well Fed
· My Horse II
· The Precipice
· Skaine Signs Two Contracts
· Skaine Interviews on Spotlite Radio
· Skaine presents at UN, Women in Parliament
· Skaine Gives UN Keynote, Terrorism & African Youth
· Query for Writers
· Rosemarie Skaine Keynote Speaker at UN Women 57 Meeting
· Christian Science Monitor Interview
Rosemarie Skaine, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Written May 30, 1981.
© Rosemarie Skaine, 2003
As I walk
Yet, I have a love
Than my own
That if I let it,
Would protect me
This more enduring love
Knows no limits.
It sets us both free.
And yet not.
It likens unto
The Nature of God.
Yet it is of Man
And of Woman,
But it is of God.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|I appreciate your take on love in these verses, Rosemarie. Someone explained love to me this way:
"Love has a different tune: I love you, therefore you are free to do as you wish. My love says you cannot do any wrong in my sight. My love says you cannot hurt me for it would not wish to make you responsible for the way I feel. My love says I am here for you if you want me, or I can be gone if that is what you wish. My love does not depend on your performance to exist - it depends entirely on a choice I make, moment by moment. My love accepts that you may even come to hate me for what I am and it is strong enough not to compromise itself to please you. My love cannot be manipulated. My capacity to love is infinite and is not bound by your feelings or desires."
Thank you for sharing this offering. Love and peace to you,
|Reviewed by Vesna Vanessa
|Perfect description of the love between twin souls..two sides of the same coin. this is glorious..saved it ty Rosemarie! Blessings.
|Reviewed by A Serviceable Villain
Beautifully written - wonderfully stated ... outstanding!!
|Reviewed by Robert Montesino
|Wonderful verse, the sentiments beautifully expressed, they are honest & without apology and I enjoy this kind of writing! Well done.|
|Reviewed by David Knight
|As an atheist I can admire the poetry but disagree with the last line. Two peoples' love is beyond any deity.|