Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Ode to Sunflowers
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Friday, September 23, 2011
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
My favorite flower.
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
They pop up, first one, then another,
then more and more, until the fields
are slathered in color. Bright yellow
bursts of sun come down to Earth,
light on fuzzy stalks to dance to tunes
belonging to the wind. My feet hear.
They keep time with my heart, which
is in love: if happiness has a shade,
it has to be the cheery, open faces
of sunflowers gladdening the world.
© 2011, Karla Dorman (9/24)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by La Belle Rouge Poetess Of The Heart
|Don't you love them? They are a bit of sunshine on Earth. Love the poem Karla.|
|Reviewed by Gene Williamson
Real pretty, Karla. -gene
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Another beautiful poem Karla thank you for sharing
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|At times as a child I would actually fear the sunflowers only because of the height they would grow to towering over me but as an adult I love the sight of them.
|Reviewed by jude forese
|my friend has a large field of sunflowers ... i luv to run through them ...|
|Reviewed by Linda Hill
I also love sunflowers. My Sister in law Nancy does too, she has sunflower pictures and such all over her house. Enjoyed this!
Love and blessings,
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|..and how they smile to the sun and bow at night in prayer, beautiful Karla~
Love and Blessings,
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|beautiful!! i agree!|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|A lovely flower, and a lovely ode to them.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Delightful tribute to Nature's sunshine on earth! I love sunflowers, too! GREAT write and photo; very well done, Karla!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D