Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
BOOM © 2012, Karla Dorman
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, September 01, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
For The Challenger Seven: 27 Years Later © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,235
'Mom discovered she could fly and Daddy got more than the morning news ....'
Image © 2011, Karla Dorman
'If you see the lightning and hear the thunder, it
missed you,' my Daddy always used to say. HE
didn't need the Weather Channel. Another
one: 'The weather's gonna do what the weather's
gonna do.' No worries. Unless the lightning
hit right outside the window --- 'INCOMING!!,' he'd
scream, ducking under the cannon fusillade
of thunder. 'THAT one,' he'd nervously say, 'was
just a little too close. Did I ever tell
you about the time right after Mom and I
got married?' Mom was in the bathtub and he
was reading the paper in the living room.
BOOM. A strike just outside: Mom discovered she
could fly and Daddy got more than the morning
news when she landed in his lap. That wasn't
the only time: once, him, Mom, and their best friends
were sitting under the willow tree in the
backyard after a cookout. He was telling
Mr. Smith about Chinese firecrackers, how
you'd light the fuse and they'd go SSSSS: went to say
BOOM, and lightning said it for them: right in
the woods. Twin sis and I had been running in
the sprinkler: he didn't know he had cheetahs
for daughters. I am my Daddy's girl ... have had
several close encounters with lightning, myself.
Did I ever tell you about the time I ...
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Darrell and Kathy Adams
|Memories of our fathers are powerful and unto themselves, arne't they? Again your talent for speaking of such personal things and bringing them to us to share, and relate to is top notch. Thanks Karla. I pray this made sense. Had minor sugery todya an dam on pain meds but I am pretty confident I am ok LOL. Did not want to wait and forget to come back and say something. Be well, Kathy|
|Reviewed by Rose Rideout
|Memories are beautiful. Thanks.
|Reviewed by richard cederberg
|Good one, Karla. Hoping you're well and weathering ALL the storms of late. Peace to you ... richard|
|Reviewed by Regis Auffray
|Personal and honest... ...makes me think of my dad and mom. Thanks, Karla. Love and best wishes,
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|Cute story. I'm glad no one was injured in its production. ;-)
My grandfather once stood near a tree when it was struck. A few days later, his eye was swollen and he was going blind in it. He applied his famous 'grandma's salve--a concoction guaranteed to promote infection--to it. When it came to a head, he popped it and a splinter from the tree popped out. But my story...
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|I will never forget Daddy's tales; he knew how to make a story come to life! He should have been a storyteller or at least a writer; he could have written a book about his adventures! Great poem, Karla, full of nostalgia and fun! Well done!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D