Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· A World of Hurt
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
· No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
· West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
· One © 2013, Karla Dorman
· True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A, © 2013, Karla Dorman
I'm Fine ... Tornado Outbreak, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Welcome Home(less), © 2013, Karla Dorman
True Confessions: Tric(h)ked © 2013, Karla Dorman
Mental Souvenirs, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Where The Wind Came Sweeping Down The Plains © 2013, Karla Dorman
No More Hurting People: PEACE (For Martin) © 2013, Karla Dorman
Angels Here On Earth © 2013, Karla Dorman
West, TX: Miluju Tě © 2013, Karla Dorman
One © 2013, Karla Dorman
GOOD Friday? © 2013, Karla Dorman
So God Made A Veteran © 2013, Karla Dorman
The Smell of Thunderstorms © 2013, Karla Dorman
Storm Chasers in Training © 2013, Karla Dorman)
>> View all 3,236
Going against the flow ...
The suck of depression
threatens to pull me down
into the madswirl of
darkness' drain. It wants
me, know it does. Thank God
for those swimming lessons!!
Head above water. B r e a t h e.
Don't forget to paddle.
(c) 2007, Karla Dorman (12/2)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Jerry Newton
|Definetly know what it feels like having to fight that whirlpool and glad I had some swimming lessons myself. Good write, jln|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Karla my prayers are with you
|Reviewed by Rebecca Lerwill
|Paddle abd kick as hard as you can, and then some more. You will defeat it, Karla!
The picture underlines perfectly the power of your words.
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|Wish I had Moses walking-cane so I could throw it in the waters and part them so you could go across that whirlpool without anxiety.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Keep flappin' those flippers...;) e|
|Reviewed by E T Waldron
|Fantastic metaphor,you are really getting into your writing Karla,it is top shelf!
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Just keep swimming up stream, and don't forget your water-wings...
peace and love, Carole~
|Reviewed by Paul Berube
|Keep your head above the waters and swim my friend. We've all been there at one time or another. It's all worth it in the long run. God bless.|
|Reviewed by Felix Perry
|Hold on I'm coming to throw you a life line...............you are loved and this poem and others like it are the reason why.
|Reviewed by Poetess of The Soul Sheila G
|Love this Karla!
Keep Hangin' OUT! of it...
He's a comin'
Closer! Closer! Closerrrrr!
Warm hugs and Warmer Blessings, Warrior Purple Lady Sheeeooxoo
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|What's the adage'?
"How long can you tread water?" Perfect read for a new day and gives me plenty to think about.
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|As Dory says in "Finding Nemo": "Just keep swimmin', swimmin', swimmin'..." :) It is during these dark cesspools of life that we have to learn to rely on God, give Him our cares, let Him handle it, because you KNOW He can--and WILL. Good write, Karla; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :)
Hope you find the Sonshine soon in your rainy world! :)
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Yep . . . without that paddle you in deep do-do . . . Gotta love it . . .|
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Well done Karla!!
|Reviewed by Abdi-Noor Mohamed (Eagle Of Hope)
|Well done dear sister. Glad to read you|
|Reviewed by Nicky Goodman
|nice, succinct and too true -the power of breath is underrated, especially if fortunate enough to live in cleanish air - why we dont teach meditation breath in schools is beyond my small brain - beats drugs any day or night, perhaps that's why.... Good poem Karla - nicky xx|