Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
Image (c) 2005, Karla Dorman
Rivers of clouds swim overhead,
parting blue with sure, even strokes.
It's a Mackerel sky. I, at
the ocean bottom of air, think
about fish: do they see human
beings in their waters, above?
(c) 2008, Karla Dorman (1/19)
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Cryssa C
|I love it! We used to say that clouds like that were corrugated clouds...like fields that had just been corrugated
|Reviewed by Poetess of The Soul Sheila G
|I agree with Georg, Mmmm!
This poem is very creative Karla
with the inspiration of the quilted looking sky above!
Wicked Kewl picture!
Warmed in the Spirit, Warrior Purple Lady Sweet Sheoxoo
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|I think I'll have fish for dinner.
|Reviewed by Ed Matlack
|Actually fish swim amongst us...right off the beach, all kinds of them...if people knew how many sharks were at their feet, they would NEVER go in the ocean...Ed|
|Reviewed by Mr. Ed
|Much Food for Thought - and what a picture!|
|Reviewed by Georg Mateos
|The only mackerel I like is the one served grilled on my plate with new potatos and sourcream.(with Coors...of course)
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Awesome picture...exceelent write to complement it!!
|Reviewed by Dawn Anderson
|Beautiful thoughts, Karla. Your poems are always such a pleasure to read!|
|Reviewed by Rebecca Lerwill
|Your mind won't stop, will it? LOL
Good question! And I have to say that you guys have the coolest clouds in Texas!
|Reviewed by Susan de Vegter
|Holy Makarel...gorgeous poem. Write on na dthank you for your prayers and blessings for my son's family.
love and blessings!
|Reviewed by John Leko
|...great thoughts...in simple beauty...
although...Jerry's review below...has me to the gills in laughter.
|Reviewed by Charlie
|This is exactly how I used to think the world was-- water with fish in it, air above where humans dwelled-- then sky where birds were a different kind of fish, and from there, the ozone where clouds grazed like cattle, and above that... and on and on... Your poem is emaculate. I'm saving it. --Charlie|
|Reviewed by Karen Vanderlaan
|cool question! enjoyed the write|
|Reviewed by J. Pajot
|Really like this..do they? Hmmm..now you got me wondering.
May you have all the wonderous joys this life can offer,
|Reviewed by Joyce Bowling
|Hmm, a write to ponder upon my friend...excellent image and write enjoyed!
|Reviewed by Jerry Bolton (Reader)
|Sure they do and that's why they pee in the water . . .|
|Reviewed by Christine Alwin
|Your image and poem are excellent,,, very well done Karla,, can't answer the question hmmmmm ????|
|Reviewed by Carole Mathys
|Splendid poem, Karla...awesome photo too!
|Reviewed by Jean Pike
|Karla, this poem is fantastic. Elegant in its simplicity. Lovely photo, too.|
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
Now that is a thought provoker if there ever was one! LOL Very well penned and illustrated; brava!
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twink, Karen Lynn. :D
|Reviewed by Bonnie May
|I would like to know how yu do this? Its amazing. Love, Bonnie|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|Beautiful Karla thank you for sharing