Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
· Alaska Dawn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Records Were Meant To Be Broken © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Totally Unexpected © 2013, Karla Dorman
· God, Isaac and Me: Our Story © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Just Another Forgotten Hero © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Sometimes, They Come Back (For Karen)
· The Terror
· The Others
· Karen Lynn's Story: Johnny's Jottings: Crawfish Festival, 2008
· Gratitude Journal, July 4, 2012 © 2012, Karla Dorman
· Be Thank.FULL
· Military Appreciation Night, Monday, November 16, 2009
· Golden Corral Celebrates
· Free Buffet with Drink November 10, 2003 (5-9 p.m.)
· One Life Was Saved: MINE
· Memory Jog: I Am NOT Having Fun Here
· Cedar Point's Done It Again
· No Ordinary Blizzard
· Fibromyalgia--IT Ruins Everything!!
· The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
· TV Made Me Do It: 'Weather Junkies'
· Burleson Now! Magazine
· TV Made Me Do It (Scheduled Air Date in Canada)
· Not May: WILL Be on the News
· MAY Be On TV (Part Two)
· The StormSpinner May be on TV
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Why I Didn't Read Your Book, © 2012, Karla Dorman
Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Rated "G" by the Author.
Print Save Become a Fan
Recent poems by Karla Dorman, The StormSpinner
The Death of Autumn, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veterans Day: Two Little Words, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Veteran's Day: Honor All, © 2013, Karla Dorman
My Hope, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Never Say 'Never,' © 2013, Karla Dorman
Haiku: Ahhhh!Laska, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Happy Place, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Stealth Politics, or: Government As Usual, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Out of the Blue, or, A Surprise Phone Call, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Every Day Should Be Veteran's Day, © 2013, Karla Dorman
We Did Not Balk, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Under Her Power, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: I Saw Him There, © 2013, Karla Dorman
Alaska: Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better, © 2013, Karla Dorman
>> View all 3,276
(Or, An Apology to the Author)
'I wanted to. I really, really did, ....'
I wanted to. I really, really did, but
life got in the way: first, dishes.
Then laundry, then housework
(between answering the blasted
phone and knocks at the door
Danged Jehovah's Witnesses).
Then the dog pooped on the
freshly waxed floor. Thanks a
lot, Pooch. Delays, delays. Dog
out, now who's calling? No, not
interested, thank you, goodBYE.
Fold the clothes, make the beds,
oh, shoot. Out of milk. Off to
the store, that is, if I can find my
keys --- ah. There they are, right
where I left them. In the 'fridge.
Home. Hubby's favorite meal in
the oven, time to put my feet up
and --- school's calling. Junior
just threw up, can you come get
him PLEASE? Nice. Doctor
says Junior has the 'flu. Poor
little man. Time to pick up the
twins from school. Mrs. Lee from
next door says she'll keep an eye
on Junior. Good thing the twins
don't have soccer practice to ---
WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THE
TOURNAMENT IS TONIGHT???
NOW who's calling? Hubby. He's
going to be late, don't bother with
dinner WHICH IS BURNING UP
IN THE OVEN!!! Nothing but a
little smoke and water damage.
That's why I didn't get to read
your book --- who has the time?
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|LOL love this Karla!!!
In Christs Love
|Reviewed by Dark Knight
|LOL very good|
|Reviewed by William Bonilla
Love & Peace be with you
|Reviewed by Ronald Hull
|While I lead a life anything like that, I can empathize with you. I tried to read more than I used to, but it's still hard to set aside time from my busy schedule to do it. My mother used to lead a life like yours, but now she reads everything I write before I finish it. It seems like all she has now is time to read.
Very original and thoughtful.
|Reviewed by Connie Faust
|What I like about this is you don't just tell all "YOU" have to do that keeps you from reading, but you take us right through the day as every surprise catastrophe happens!
|Reviewed by Joy Hale
|And husbands wonder how we can multi task so well? We can't be wives and mothers unless we do!!! You rock, girl! A fun read.
Joy L. Hale
|Reviewed by Budd Nelson
|ah thats okay the other stuff was more important
|Reviewed by Karen Lynn Vidra, The Texas Tornado
|Hysterically funny writing, Karla; sure did put a grin on my face! Thanks for the giggles; enjoyed~
(((HUGS))) and much love, your twin, Karen Lynn. :D
And the photo of Marty Moose! is adoRAble!
|Reviewed by richard cederberg
|How delightful! Your life seems normal to me, Karla. hahahaha ... In my extended family, almost no one reads. And every one I've talked to about it has some excuse. I'm the only author/poet in over ten generations of Cederbergs. For me reading is like disciplined breathing. Never have less than two books going, plus, before sleeping, I indulge in audio-books. Your take here is indeed funny, and all too real for so many. peace|